VFP3 for Windows Step by Step
Author Message
 VFP3 for Windows Step by Step

I bought VFP 3.0 about a year ago and am now just getting around to
learning it (after using FP for Win for a few years.  I bought the above
referenced book by MSoft Press and am struggling through it.

I came across a problem today that appears to be a VFP problem, but I'm
not sure.  In lesson 7, the book has you create a form (custfind.scx)
and then run  it (page 116).  When I do, I get the following VFP error
message:

        "Error loading file - Parent - record number 4.  Error instantiating
the     object."

I re-built the form three times, thinking I didn't follow the directions
properly, but still get the error.  What is the "Parent" and record it
refers to?  How do I get around it?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Don Goyette

Sat, 24 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual FoxPro 3 For Windows Step by Step

2. Any other step by step example for Web Connection

3. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step

4. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step

5. Step by step book for Macintosh

6. WTB: MS Visual Foxpro 3.0 Step-by-step

7. VFP50a - SET STEP ON / SET STEP OFF?

8. Codebook 3.0 - A step-by-Step Guide" by Paul Bienick.

9. Stepping through Fields in a .DBF

10. Set Step On with OLE ?

11. TAPI - First Step

12. Help with multiple step reports