Can you do a BULK COPY in visual fox pro 6
Author Message
 Can you do a BULK COPY in visual fox pro 6

HELP?

I was wondering if there is a means to do a bulk copy in
Visual Fox Pro.

Thanks
Christopher

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:03:29 GMT
 Can you do a BULK COPY in visual fox pro 6
Chris,
Can you define "bulk copy"? Do you want to copy a folder? Multiple folders?
Sub-Folders? Are this files all tables? Are (any of) the files open?

The answer could be as simple as writing out a .BAT file and starting it up.

Rick

Quote:
> HELP?

> I was wondering if there is a means to do a bulk copy in
> Visual Fox Pro.

> Thanks
> Christopher

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:09:20 GMT
 Can you do a BULK COPY in visual fox pro 6
Rick,

Thanks for your reply and I do greatly appreciate any help
you could throw my way.  The term "Bulk Copy" is the same
as BCP...   To take a step back and let you know what I'd
like to do and maybe someone can make a suggestion on the
best way to accomplish this task.

I'd like to copy records from a set of production table(s)
currently open and being used by end-users and processes
and paste them into a test environment.

Currently I'm useing the "use" command with the "share"
parameter and the following it with the "copy" command.

It is taking about 4 hours to move about 4 million
records .. and I was hoping to be able to speed that
process up.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Christopher

Quote:

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:13:21 GMT
 Can you do a BULK COPY in visual fox pro 6
How about if you do a SELECT * FROM youropentable INTO TABLE tablecopy
NOFILTER ?  Does that still take 4 hours?

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

:: Rick,
::
[...]

:::
::: The answer could be as simple as writing out a .BAT file and
::: starting it up.
:::
::: Rick
:::

:::: HELP?
::::
:::: I was wondering if there is a means to do a bulk copy in
:::: Visual Fox Pro.
::::
:::: Thanks
:::: Christopher
:::
:::
::: .

---

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:09:08 GMT
 Can you do a BULK COPY in visual fox pro 6
I don't know about windows servers, but if you use NetWare as your nos,
ncopy will do server to server copies very quickly. This should be about
twice as fast as having FoxPro channel the tables from one server, through a
workstation and back to another server.

--
Lew Schwartz
Visual FoxPro Solutions

> HELP?

> I was wondering if there is a means to do a bulk copy in
> Visual Fox Pro.

> Thanks
> Christopher

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:04:57 GMT

1. Fox Pro 2.6 A to Visual Fox Pro

2. Fox pro 2.6 to visual fox pro 6 or 7

3. Visual Basic or Visual Fox Pro

4. Visual Fox Pro upgrade from Visual Dbase

5. Visual Fox Pro vs Visual.Net

6. Visual Basic vs Visual Fox Pro

7. Copy To output to be imported to SQL (Bulk Insert)

8. Visual Basic or Fox-Pro

9. Visual Fox pro Screen doensn't close

10. Visual C++ & Fox Pro

11. visual fox pro