SHARE and Sharing Violation
Author Message
 SHARE and Sharing Violation

I am running FoxPro 2.6 for DOS, Windows 3.1,
DOS 5.0 and a VLM client connected to a Novell 3.12
network.

I run my FoxPro applications in Window's dox boxes.
Recently I purchased Microsoft Office Professional
and installed it on the file server. To use
Office I am forced to load SHARE.EXE before I
run Windows. After loading SHARE, I find that
I get a Sharing Violation message when I try to access the
printer from DOS boxes or FoxPro. For example,

    !copy c:\config.sys prn

or
    COPY FILE myfile.prn TO PRN

causes a Sharing Violation.

I understand that file and record lockings are
always handled by Novell. Is there a way to run
the Office apps without loading SHARE?

Thanks in Advance.

--
Regards,

Tue, 07 Jan 1997 12:43:51 GMT

1. Sharing Violations - cautiously optimistic

2. Sharing Violations

3. Sharing violation

4. resource file, sharing violation error

5. Sharing Violations???

6. FPD 2.6a - NT Sharing Violation

7. excel sharing violation?

8. Sharing violations on Novell Netware 3.12

9. FPD 2.6a and NT - sharing violation

10. Sharing Violation

11. * FPD2.6a Lantastic Sharing Violation

12. folder sharing problem share