fp 2.6 printing problem
Author Message
 fp 2.6 printing problem

Foxpro 2.6a program cannot print to a captured lpt port
when the server is running novell 5.11 and npds.

The program prints properly on the novell 4.11 server.

Can anyone please tell me what I have to do in order to
print on novell 5.11.  Turning off npds does not solve the
problem.

Any information would be greatly appricated.

Thanks,
DarkD

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:35:16 GMT
 fp 2.6 printing problem
Hi DarkD:

Does the application not print at all or only prints  after you exit the
FoxPro application?  Have you tried adding a SET PRINTER TO command to the
code?  You may have to issue this command twice in a row to force the print
job to close and eject?

Is this application FoxPro 2.6 for Windows or MS-DOS? Are you printing

I just worked with another newsgroup post where the user found that
printing was very slow until he added a shared printer to the local
workstation machine. He did not have to print to the shared local printer,
but its presence fixed his problem.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Foxpro 2.6a program cannot print to a captured lpt port
>when the server is running novell 5.11 and npds.
>The program prints properly on the novell 4.11 server.
>Can anyone please tell me what I have to do in order to
>print on novell 5.11.  Turning off npds does not solve the
>problem.
>Any information would be greatly appricated.
>Thanks,
>DarkD

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:14:47 GMT
 fp 2.6 printing problem
It's foxpro 2.6a for dos.

The application will print only when the foxpro program is

It does not matter which printer that I try to print to on
the novell 5.11 machine, the same issue exists.

The application works fine and prints properly when using
novell 4.11.

I've tried issuing the set printer to command twice, and
this seems to work.  Is this the only solution?

Thanks,
DarkD

Quote:

confers no rights.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell

>>Foxpro 2.6a program cannot print to a captured lpt port
>>when the server is running novell 5.11 and npds.

>>The program prints properly on the novell 4.11 server.

>>Can anyone please tell me what I have to do in order to
>>print on novell 5.11.  Turning off npds does not solve
the
>>problem.

>>Any information would be greatly appricated.

>>Thanks,
>>DarkD

>.

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:54:12 GMT
 fp 2.6 printing problem
Hi DarkD:

Yes, issuing the SET PRITNER TO command twice is often your best option.
This problem has been around for at lest 10 years.

The behavior is not limited to Novell networks; I used to experience it
when we run on the Lan Manager network years ago. <s>

See this article for more information:

102203 BUG: Print Job Is Not Released to Printer
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=102203

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

It's foxpro 2.6a for dos.

The application will print only when the foxpro program is

It does not matter which printer that I try to print to on
the novell 5.11 machine, the same issue exists.

The application works fine and prints properly when using
novell 4.11.

I've tried issuing the set printer to command twice, and
this seems to work.  Is this the only solution?

Thanks,
DarkD

Quote:

confers no rights.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell

>>Foxpro 2.6a program cannot print to a captured lpt port
>>when the server is running novell 5.11 and npds.

>>The program prints properly on the novell 4.11 server.

>>Can anyone please tell me what I have to do in order to
>>print on novell 5.11.  Turning off npds does not solve
the
>>problem.

>>Any information would be greatly appricated.

>>Thanks,
>>DarkD

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:37:18 GMT

1. FP/DOS 2.6, Netware 4.1, Win98 printing problems

2. WIN 95 Printing Problem, FP 2.6

3. transporting report from FP 2.6 for DOS to FP 2.6 for Windows

4. PRINTSTATUS() / SYS(13) problem in FP 2.6 and FPW 2.6

5. Printing Reports in FP 2.6

6. Printing from FP 2.6 for the MAC

7. FP 2.6 Printing error

8. FP 2.6 printing reverse

9. FP 2.6 DOS WIN95 PRINTING

10. Print error with a FP 2.6 DOS app running in Win 95

11. FP 2.6 exe launch with FP Screen first