Record is used by another (109) error using REMOTE VIEW CURSORS
Author Message
 Record is used by another (109) error using REMOTE VIEW CURSORS

Hi !

My application uses VFP 6.0 remote views via ODBC from MS SQL7. In the forms
sometimes the 109 error comes (i.g.in the text field's refresh method ...),
but it is sure, that the currently selected alias is the cursor of the
remote view itself. How can an updateable remote view (that is visible only
for that user, that created it) cause such an error?

Thanks for any help!

Andrew Pohl

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:58:06 GMT
 Record is used by another (109) error using REMOTE VIEW CURSORS
The users aren't sharing a temp file folder on the server, are they? Even so
it just wouldn't happen I guess.
-Anders

Quote:
> Hi !

> My application uses VFP 6.0 remote views via ODBC from MS SQL7. In the
forms
> sometimes the 109 error comes (i.g.in the text field's refresh method
...),
> but it is sure, that the currently selected alias is the cursor of the
> remote view itself. How can an updateable remote view (that is visible
only
> for that user, that created it) cause such an error?

> Thanks for any help!

> Andrew Pohl

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:07:07 GMT
 Record is used by another (109) error using REMOTE VIEW CURSORS
Yes it sounds impossible, but the error handling routine says, the only open
alias is a remote view, when the 109 error comes.
When I checked my form forcing to display a DISPLAY SATATUS info, it showed,
that the cursor of the remote view is set EXCLUSIVE ON (of course).

Andrew Pohl

Quote:
> The users aren't sharing a temp file folder on the server, are they? Even
so
> it just wouldn't happen I guess.
> -Anders

> > Hi !

> > My application uses VFP 6.0 remote views via ODBC from MS SQL7. In the
> forms
> > sometimes the 109 error comes (i.g.in the text field's refresh method
> ...),
> > but it is sure, that the currently selected alias is the cursor of the
> > remote view itself. How can an updateable remote view (that is visible
> only
> > for that user, that created it) cause such an error?

> > Thanks for any help!

> > Andrew Pohl

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 01:47:36 GMT

1. view designer says error when using mssql functions in remote views

2. adding new records by using remote view

3. Error using cursor when selection criteria uses local variables

4. Dynalink Error Using Remote Views

5. Trap ODBC connectivity error using remote view (Repost)

6. Creating a View using a remote view to Oracle

7. Problem updating remote data using cursor

8. Can't force rollback by using remote view

9. BROWSE using REMOTE VIEW and SQLPASSTHRU ?

10. Writing an SQL in Code to open a remote view on a server using ip address

11. Using parameters in remote view

12. Single remote view using multiple connection