"Line too long to fit" Error
Author Message
 "Line too long to fit" Error

In FoxPro 2.6 for Windows:

I have a report that outputs around 3 dozen fields plus three memo fields.
When the memo fields have short entries, everything works fine.  Otherwise, I
get a "Line Too Long To Fit" error.

Is there a limit as to how much of a memo field can be displayed in a report?
If so, why doesn't FoxPro just cut it to that limit instead of giving me an
error message?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff Elmore

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Line too long to fit" Error

Quote:

> I have a report that outputs around 3 dozen fields plus three memo fields.
> When the memo fields have short entries, everything works fine.  Otherwise, I
> get a "Line Too Long To Fit" error.

Hi, Jeff:

Did you mark the memo-field output "stretch"?

Jack

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: "LINE TOO LONG"

2. Table update Problem - "line too long"

3. "line is too long"

4. String too long in PICTURE "@M"

5. Error message "Virtual Function Error"

6. Error 1958 : "Error loading printer driver"

7. Error loading: "<error>". (1881)

8. ODBC Error "Error Reading File ..."

9. Error "Compiled code for these line to long (1252)" with FPW 2.6

10. STRTRAN() to fix ASCII: Error 1903: String is too long to fit

11. Error 1903 - String Is Too Long To Fit

12. "Error reading file", "Error writing to file"