_CUROBJ
Author Message
 _CUROBJ

I just finished converting a foxpro app from 2.5 to VFP 5.0.  I cannot
assign a value of _curobj explicitly.  Does anybody know of a way to do
that.  The conversion was done functionally...

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 _CUROBJ

Hi,

There is no direct analogy in VFP. In VFP you must use the Setfocus Method
of the object and give a specific object name.

Best regards,
Tom

I just finished converting a foxpro app from 2.5 to VFP 5.0.  I cannot
assign a value of _curobj explicitly.  Does anybody know of a way to do
that.  The conversion was done functionally...<<

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 _CUROBJ

Tom,
  You know, what my problem is that I am trying to do this ...

_curobj = OBJNUM(variable name)

Now, in VFP, the way I found to set focus is to use the variable name
explicitly or use the tab index.  But, tab index does not have to be the
same as objnum(variable name) value.  You see, most of my converted code
has the above mentioned statement.  In order for me to be more productive,
I really need a way to convert my objnum() value to tab index without
junping through a lot of hoops.

Any suggestions ...

Quote:
> Hi,

> There is no direct analogy in VFP. In VFP you must use the Setfocus
Method
> of the object and give a specific object name.

> Best regards,
> Tom

> I just finished converting a foxpro app from 2.5 to VFP 5.0.  I cannot
> assign a value of _curobj explicitly.  Does anybody know of a way to do
> that.  The conversion was done functionally...<<

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 _CUROBJ

Hi,

Sorry. AFAIK, there is no easy way to retrieve the functionality of _curobj.
You must code it specifically in VFP-speak.

Best regards,
Tom

Tom,
  You know, what my problem is that I am trying to do this ...

_curobj = OBJNUM(variable name)

Now, in VFP, the way I found to set focus is to use the variable name
explicitly or use the tab index.  But, tab index does not have to be the
same as objnum(variable name) value.  You see, most of my converted code
has the above mentioned statement.  In order for me to be more productive,
I really need a way to convert my objnum() value to tab index without
junping through a lot of hoops.

Any suggestions ...

Quote:
> Hi,

> There is no direct analogy in VFP. In VFP you must use the Setfocus
Method
> of the object and give a specific object name.

> Best regards,
> Tom

> I just finished converting a foxpro app from 2.5 to VFP 5.0.  I cannot
> assign a value of _curobj explicitly.  Does anybody know of a way to do
> that.  The conversion was done functionally...<<

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 _CUROBJ

says...

Quote:
>   You know, what my problem is that I am trying to do this ...

> _curobj = OBJNUM(variable name)

Well, if you were consistent about setting your textbox names to be
'txt' + varname, you can replace the above statement with:

ThisForm.txtVarName.SetFocus()
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP: Equivelant to _curobj

2. VFP - _CUROBJ Bug

3. _CUROBJ and Backward compatibility

4. Replaceing CUROBJ with WHAT?? in Visual Foxpro

5. VFP: _curobj

6. Check Box and next _curobj

7. Browse _curobj

8. Why does curobj change? (Vsn 2.0)