rtf display
Author Message
 rtf display

I have a field which is memo type(Miscellaneous field)in
my database. When I tried to print it in RTF file or even
print it on screen, sometimes I found unusual "hard
returns" which gives me headache.

Actually, the Miscellaneous field contentes itself seems
perfect regular-no hard returns between words
anywhere,just spaces. Nothing out of place. For some
unknown reason, where the bad line breaks occur in the
rtf display, the display contains a lineful of spaces
after that first word---where did they come from?

Can someone help me on this? I do appreciated it!!

Helen

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:38:24 GMT
 rtf display
Hi Helen:

Have you looked at some of the tools and utilities that print and display
RTF format files on www.universalthread.com?  Using one of these ready made
controls might be a more efficient use of time than trying to program a
solution in VFP.  You can find these tools by going to
www.universalthread.com, clicking on the Download icon and choosing Visual
FoxPro from the dropdown menu.  In the Summary file I searched on "RTF" and
found several download files.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retires June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sept. 30th, 2003

Quote:
>I have a field which is memo type(Miscellaneous field)in
>my database. When I tried to print it in RTF file or even
>print it on screen, sometimes I found unusual "hard
>returns" which gives me headache.
>Actually, the Miscellaneous field contentes itself seems
>perfect regular-no hard returns between words
>anywhere,just spaces. Nothing out of place. For some
>unknown reason, where the bad line breaks occur in the
>rtf display, the display contains a lineful of spaces
>after that first word---where did they come from?
>Can someone help me on this? I do appreciated it!!
>Helen

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 03:09:51 GMT

1. displaying rtf or word document in foxwin 2.5

2. HELP..Need to display RTF in window

3. To display message on customer display?

4. RTF files in Foxpro 2.6

5. Detecting first page on RTF ActiveX box

6. HC31.EXE/WORD 6.0 RTF problem

7. Inserting line in RTF

8. Is there an on the fly RTF converter?

9. printing from the rtf control

10. FPW report to RTF?

11. RTF: Selprint workaround

12. Page Break in RTF