releasing a form, with QueryUnload
Author Message
 releasing a form, with QueryUnload

I asked last week about how to unload a form while still triggering
QueryUnload().

I heard back THISFORM.release()

that does NOT trigger QuesryUnload ?!?!

Help?  There has to be an easy way to do this...
how ridiculous..

Please Please Please CC: me a copy of posts

Tim Hockin

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 releasing a form, with QueryUnload

Instead of doing thisform.release() you need to do a release thisform.
When a form object is destroyed then the queryunload event is called.

John Mercogliano

Quote:

>I asked last week about how to unload a form while still triggering
>QueryUnload().

>I heard back THISFORM.release()

>that does NOT trigger QuesryUnload ?!?!

>Help?  There has to be an easy way to do this...
>how ridiculous..

>Please Please Please CC: me a copy of posts

>Tim Hockin

Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 releasing a form, with QueryUnload

Quote:
>Instead of doing thisform.release() you need to do a release thisform.
>When a form object is destroyed then the queryunload event is called.

From the VFP help file for QueryUnload:
Note  The QueryUnload event does not occur if you issue the RELEASE command on
tthe form in code or invoke the form's Release method.

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 releasing a form, with QueryUnload

Quote:
> I asked last week about how to unload a form while still triggering
> QueryUnload().

I think the main purpose of QueryUnload is to provide you a way to STOP a user
from releasing a form when they try to exit by for example clicking on the
close icon of the form.

The ReleaseType property is set before QueryUnload happens so you can find out
which action  is causing the QueryUnload to fire.  Code in QueryUnload would
check to make sure everything is ok to exit the form gracefully.  If not, you
issue a NODEFAULT to stop the Release.

I am not clear why you would want to call QueryUnload when you are doing a
normal RELEASE THISFORM or THISFORM.Release

Cheers,

- Carlos

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Releasing a form with QueryUnload()

2. VFP7 QueryUnload fires at ThisForm.Release?

3. vfp7 form.release or release window?

4. form.Release not releasing

5. Release form problem (after filling form property)

6. release form - from menubar of top level form ?

7. How to release a form from another form

8. DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.

9. RELEASE LIBRARY does not release memory

10. RELEASE THISFORM vs THISFORM.Release()

11. THISFORM.Release() .vs. RELEASE THISFORM

12. RELEASE THISFORM vs. THISFORM.Release()