Pausing Program Execution
Author Message
 Pausing Program Execution

I'm a fairly new FoxPro Programmer, and wonder if someone could assist me
with this or propose a better way:

I've written a program (main.prg) to read in data in one field to collect
info about its structure, and rebuild it in another field (in sgml format).
Occasionally I get a value returned that I want to be able to hand-edit --
how do I stop program execution, pop-up a form containing an editbox to
modify the variable, and then resume program execution once I'm done editing
the variable?

Thank You in advance-

Corey DeHaven

Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pausing Program Execution

Quote:

> I'm a fairly new FoxPro Programmer, and wonder if someone could assist me
> with this or propose a better way:

> I've written a program (main.prg) to read in data in one field to collect
> info about its structure, and rebuild it in another field (in sgml format).
> Occasionally I get a value returned that I want to be able to hand-edit --
> how do I stop program execution, pop-up a form containing an editbox to
> modify the variable, and then resume program execution once I'm done editing
> the variable?

> Thank You in advance-

> Corey DeHaven

  In the code that rebuilds the data include a IF loop to check for the values
you want to edit and call the code to edit it.

IF <field> = <what you want to edit>
    DO myedit && code to display edit screen
ENDIF

Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pausing Execution

2. ON KEY LABEL in program execution?

3. need to speed up program execution

4. stopping further execution of program

5. Memorizing form configuration during program execution

6. How to stop program execution when calling a new form

7. Creating textboxes during program execution

8. VFP report writer preview appears/disappears without pausing

9. Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP

10. Pause in printing until after quiting Foxpro.

11. VFP6 Make a Pause for .5 Seconds?

12. Print pauses in VFP 3 app