Large Text box in Report from text file??
Author Message
 Large Text box in Report from text file??

I would like to have an entire paragraph print on the bottom of my report.
Does anybody know how to have the text for this load from a text file?   The
problem is that Text Boxes are limited to 256 characters or something like
that.   Please Help.....    Thanks

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Large Text box in Report from text file??
create cursor c_text ( mtext m)
append blank
append memo mtext from text.txt   &&<-- your text file
if the report add a textbox use c_text.mtext as the field
Bill

Quote:

>I would like to have an entire paragraph print on the bottom of my report.
>Does anybody know how to have the text for this load from a text file?
The
>problem is that Text Boxes are limited to 256 characters or something like
>that.   Please Help.....    Thanks

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Large Text box in Report from text file??
You could have it load from a database MEMO field instead?
Quote:

> I would like to have an entire paragraph print on the bottom of my report.
> Does anybody know how to have the text for this load from a text file?   The
> problem is that Text Boxes are limited to 256 characters or something like
> that.   Please Help.....    Thanks

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Large Text box in Report from text file??
Macgyver,

Edward's right.  Look up the command APPEND MEMO <fieldname> FROM <filename>
in your documentation.  Note the OVERWRITE keyword -- this command is
additive by default, and realize that you can CREATE a temporary CURSOR with
just this memofield if you want.

Regards,

Quote:
>L<

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Utility to convert 2 digit year text boxes into 4 year digit text boxes

2. Wrapping text in a text box?

3. Rich Text Box - creating text

4. Printing a TEXT file in TEXT mode WITH VFP

5. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

6. text file processing - read/write comma delimited text

7. create text file using text...endtext

8. How to set the width of the text string in text file to 350 characters

9. Insert text header to text file

10. Variable text box in report at run time

11. Text Box (Combo Box) help

12. combo box, formatting a text box