fpw 2.6 & win95
Author Message
 fpw 2.6 & win95

i have a user that keeps repoting that he gets "read error" in a window
titled "watcomm" whenever he tries to use one of my executables.

has anyone ever seen this before?

what is causing it?

he is not the only person using 95, and no one else is having this
problem.  he also makes sure everything else is closed down so it
doesn't interfere.  beyond that, i can't think of anything off the top
of my head.

any help woudl be appreciated.

thanks.

--jeremy

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 fpw 2.6 & win95

My experience with that type of error usually means that the user has too many
windows open.  Since you already mention that you've closed everything else, I
wonder does this happen at first boot?  Usually I have my users reboot their
machine after getting this message to clear memory.  So I wonder if this
machine is having a memory management problem?

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. fpw 2.6 & R&R report writer

2. FPW 2.6 under WIN95 Problem with drive D:

3. FPW 2.6: Ikons via DDE in Win95

4. FPW 2.6 Print Preview under Win95 ?

5. Font Programming in FPW 2.6 under WIN95

6. Call win95-calculator from FPW 2.6

7. FPW 2.6 EXE in Win95

8. FPW 2.6 and Win95 Memory problems

9. Program Icon in WIN95 with FPW 2.6

10. ODBC FPW 2.6 and Win95

11. PRINTSTATUS() problem FP/FPW 2.6 in WIN95

12. FPW 2.6 Reporting on Win95