Gray Area Appears After Closing Form
Author Message
 Gray Area Appears After Closing Form

About to years ago I seem to remember coming across a solution to this problem, but for the life me at this time I can't locate that information. So I hope some one out there can help me.

Panorama:

Let say I have two forms A and B. And lets said form A will run as a top level form with the following properties set and all other properties set to their default values:

    ShowWindow = 2, BoderStyle = 0, Picture = c:\tmp\travel wallpaper.bmp

Form B will be called from form A and will have the following properties and other properties set to their default values:

    ShowWindow = 1, WindowType = 1

Form A as a command button with the necessary code in the click procedure to load form B. Form B also has a command button with code in the click procedure that release form B.

Problem:

Once the command button on form B is clicked form B disappears and a gray rectangular area appears briefly with the same dimensions as form B and disappears briefly. But  if I remove the bitmap from form A I don't have this problem.

Thank you

Hope some out there can help with this problem.

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Gray Area Appears After Closing Form
It just sounds like the underlying window
is being repainted and you are seeing the
spot where the top window was.  No?

I've seen similar behavior in VFP on forms
that have a picture identified for their
background.  Since it's only a split second
(in my case), it's not woth worrying about.

-- TRW

Quote:

--

--------------------------------------
Remove the "drop this" strings from my

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Gray area after form releases

2. Form not appearing in top-level form.

3. Form not appearing in top-level form.

4. Primary Form Appears, Secondary Form Disappears

5. Method grayed out in Form Code window ??

6. Intercepting form close and appl close

7. Closing second modal form prevents closing of main VFP window

8. Closing windows using form's Close Button

9. Gray square where form was before release

10. Form not closing when clicking on the [X] button on the form

11. Q : Can a form close another form ?

12. Opening and closing forms from within a form.