Problem with XP user
Author Message
 Problem with XP user

I have a problem running my upplication under Win XP
professional using a user without Administrator's rights.
It seems that VFP can't write to disk. It says thah
resource frile is invalid, the cursor cannot be updatede
and so on.
All other application (Word, Excel...) can do it.

Someone can help me?
Thanks
Andrea

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:24:26 GMT
 Problem with XP user
Hello, Andrea!
You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:24:26 -0800:

 A> I have a problem running my upplication under Win XP
 A> professional using a user without Administrator's rights.
 A> It seems that VFP can't write to disk. It says thah
 A> resource frile is invalid, the cursor cannot be updatede
 A> and so on.
 A> All other application (Word, Excel...) can do it.

 A> Someone can help me?
 A> Thanks
 A> Andrea

Check security settings on the windows temp folder. Just a thought.
---
Eric den Doop

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:49:59 GMT
 Problem with XP user

Quote:
> Hello, Andrea!
> You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:24:26 -0800:

>  A> I have a problem running my upplication under Win XP
>  A> professional using a user without Administrator's rights.
>  A> It seems that VFP can't write to disk. It says thah
>  A> resource frile is invalid, the cursor cannot be updatede
>  A> and so on.
>  A> All other application (Word, Excel...) can do it.

>  A> Someone can help me?
>  A> Thanks
>  A> Andrea

> Check security settings on the windows temp folder. Just a thought.

In addition: usually every XP user has full rights for the own
"x:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp"
folder, I'd say.
Do you have a TMPFILES line in a config.fpw by chance?

-Stefan

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:45:02 GMT
 Problem with XP user
Hello, Stefan!
You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:45:02 +0100:

 SW> In addition: usually every XP user has full rights for the own
 SW> "x:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp"
 SW> folder, I'd say.

You're right, by default they have but I have seen very strange configs at
some of our customers sites...
---
Eric den Doop

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:50:41 GMT

1. XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP

2. problem with XP

3. win xp and wizstyle color problem

4. Delay problem with Fox 2.6b application and Win2000/XP

5. Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0

6. Printer Problem Windows XP

7. Print preview problems running XP

8. Problems in reports on Windows XP

9. FPD 2.6 Win XP Pro NTFS problem

10. xp file problems

11. VFP 6 and Windows XP Problems

12. Automatic Test Harness and Windows XP Problems