generate code from wizard
Author Message
 generate code from wizard

Do you guys know is it possible to generate a .prg file from a project
built from the wizard? I can only build an .app file instead. But
neither an .exe nor an .app file is as much useful as a .prg file. BTW,
I found the project wizard is useful for organization. But there seems
to be no way to modify some default settings by direct coding,
especially for some default forms (say, getPrinter()). I don't want to
use a .prg file to modify an .scx file (if it is possible). I would
waste part of my effort if I code the whole project from the beginning.
It seems that the guys here like to build their application by direct
coding, right?

What is your approach?

Chris

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 generate code from wizard

Hi Chris,

Class Browser can allow you to output code from Classes and Forms to a text
file.

Best regards,
Tom

Quote:
>Do you guys know is it possible to generate a .prg file from a project
>built from the wizard? I can only build an .app file instead. But
>neither an .exe nor an .app file is as much useful as a .prg file. BTW,
>I found the project wizard is useful for organization. But there seems
>to be no way to modify some default settings by direct coding,
>especially for some default forms (say, getPrinter()). I don't want to
>use a .prg file to modify an .scx file (if it is possible). I would
>waste part of my effort if I code the whole project from the beginning.
>It seems that the guys here like to build their application by direct
>coding, right?

>What is your approach?

>Chris

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing wizard generated code

2. How can I read source code generated by wizard in VFP5

3. Where to find information on Wizard-generated code

4. help--need to understand VFP3 Form Wizard generated code

5. Form Wizard generated Code VFP3 ?

6. Help Modifying Wizard Generated Form

7. Wizard generated Screens

8. Removing Shapes from Wizard generated forms

9. Wizard Generated One-2-Many Forms in Containers

10. Vfp 3: Setup/a with wizard generated setup?

11. Modifying a wizard generated form in Fox 2.6

12. Modifying a wizard generated form in Fox 2.6