VFP8: Cursor Adapter - yet another problem
Author Message
 VFP8: Cursor Adapter - yet another problem

Hello.

How to stop VFP from sending auto-update after closing a form.
CA is autoupdate enabled but I thought it won't be sending update
statements without changin records position within cursor, but it
seems it sends auto-update after closing a form.

M.Kujawa

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:58:28 GMT
 VFP8: Cursor Adapter - yet another problem
Make sure BufferModeOverride property of the CA is set to Table instead of Row. If the record pointer gets moved on a Row buffered cursor, you get an implicit TABLEUPDATE() issued. This does not happen on a Table buffered cursor.
Quote:

> Hello.

> How to stop VFP from sending auto-update after closing a form.
> CA is autoupdate enabled but I thought it won't be sending update
> statements without changin records position within cursor, but it
> seems it sends auto-update after closing a form.

> M.Kujawa

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:51:34 GMT
 VFP8: Cursor Adapter - yet another problem
Yes - it helped. Thank you.

M.Kujawa

Make sure BufferModeOverride property of the CA is set to Table instead of
Row. If the record pointer gets moved on a Row buffered cursor, you get an
implicit TABLEUPDATE() issued. This does not happen on a Table buffered
cursor.

Quote:
> Hello.

> How to stop VFP from sending auto-update after closing a form.
> CA is autoupdate enabled but I thought it won't be sending update
> statements without changin records position within cursor, but it
> seems it sends auto-update after closing a form.

> M.Kujawa

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 19:50:32 GMT

1. Cursor Adapter

2. VFP 8 Cursor Adapters

3. VFP 8 Cursor Adapter

4. Remote views in VFP8 (maximum open cursors exceeded)

5. ORACLE and VFP (Simple Problem Now / No Solution Yet)

6. Yet another grid problem

7. Yet another grid problem

8. Yet another problem!

9. LAN Adapter Number in VFP 6.0