Scanning SCX Files Q.
Author Message
 Scanning SCX Files Q.

I have a lot of forms that reference sgcPJHome in the code of some forms
that I have written. I was wondering how would scan all my forms and search
out the sgcPJHome and replace it with SCREEN.oApp.cPjHome. Is this possible?

Respectfully,

Jonathan Morningstar

http://www.*-*-*.com/ The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:47:01 GMT
 Scanning SCX Files Q.
I have a lot of forms that reference sgcPJHome in the code of some forms
that I have written. I was wondering how would scan all my forms and search
out the sgcPJHome and replace it with SCREEN.oApp.cPjHome. Is this possible?

Respectfully,

Jonathan Morningstar

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:50:37 GMT
 Scanning SCX Files Q.
Hello, Morningstar!
You wrote  on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:50:37 -0500:

 M> I have a lot of forms that reference sgcPJHome in the code of some forms
 M> that I have written. I was wondering how would scan all my forms and
search
 M> out the sgcPJHome and replace it with SCREEN.oApp.cPjHome. Is this
possible?

Try this:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~foxite/downloads/gofish30.zip
---
Eric den Doop

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:15:58 GMT
 Scanning SCX Files Q.
In VFP8 you'll be able to use the Code References tool to do a search and
replace.
-Anders

Quote:
> I have a lot of forms that reference sgcPJHome in the code of some forms
> that I have written. I was wondering how would scan all my forms and
search
> out the sgcPJHome and replace it with SCREEN.oApp.cPjHome. Is this
possible?

> Respectfully,

> Jonathan Morningstar

News==----
Newsgroups

=---

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:07:57 GMT
 Scanning SCX Files Q.
There's a code search tool at http://leafe.com/dls?dlSection=vfp . Look for
TS.zip.

> I have a lot of forms that reference sgcPJHome in the code of some forms
> that I have written. I was wondering how would scan all my forms and
> search
> out the sgcPJHome and replace it with SCREEN.oApp.cPjHome. Is this
> possible?

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:45:20 GMT
 Scanning SCX Files Q.

Here's some code.

My situation : I wanted to know what all of the captions were in all of the controls in all of the reports in my project, which are placed in a table called "dumps".  You'll need to adapt this code for your situation, but the principle remains the same.  I "bolded" (not sure if you can see it in your browser) the IF "CAPTION" block is what you'll need to change.

Hope this helps....

Tim McKay

*** DUMPER.PRG

CLOSE data
clear
SET SAFETY OFF
CREATE TABLE dumps (tablename c(55), info c(250))

USE myproject.pjx IN 0 ALIAS project
SELECT project
SET FILTER TO type=="R"
GO TOP
DO WHILE NOT EOF()
 SELECT project
 leform = "forms\" + ALLTRIM(project.key) + ".scx"
 IF FILE(leform)
  USE &leform IN 0 ALIAS formfile
  ?leform
  SELECT formfile
  DO WHILE NOT EOF()
   maxlines = MEMLINES(properties)
   FOR i = 1 TO maxlines
    IF "CAPTION"$UPPER(MLINE(properties, i))
     SELECT dumps
     APPEND BLANK
     replace tablename WITH leform
     replace info WITH MLINE(formfile.properties,i)
     SELECT formfile
    ENDIF
   NEXT i
   SELECT formfile
   SKIP
  ENDDO
  SELECT formfile
  USE
 ENDIF

 SELECT project
 SKIP
ENDDO

CLOSE DATABASES
USE dumps
BROWSE

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:13:45 GMT
 Scanning SCX Files Q.
GoFish worked like a charm.  Yet another good tool for my toolbox.

Thank you

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:03:44 GMT

1. Scan for a combination of characters Q.

2. How to create a SPR file from a form(SCX FILE)

3. FPW26: conversion spr.file --> scx.file

4. import wizard text file doesn't scan complete file

5. optimizing SCAN FOR ..... END SCAN

6. Image Scan Control (Scanning documents)

7. restoring scx file from sct

8. print .scx file

9. scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

10. DO FORM says File x.scx not found

11. Help with FPW 2.6 .scx files

12. Need sample file syscolor.scx