SQLCONNECT() Problems
Author Message
 SQLCONNECT() Problems

Hi all,

I'm new to this so I could be missing something real stupid.  I've got a
client using an Oracle 7-based system.  When she tries to establish a
connection with SQLCONNECT() and SQLSTRINGCONNECT() it brings up the login
screen she normally sees outside of VFP with the system, user and password
fields filled in with the connection parameters from the VFP commands.  When
she OK's, the screen goes away but no connection is estalished (returns -1).
Any ideas?

TIA,

John

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQLCONNECT() Problems

From the help file:

Use SQLSETPROP(cConnectionHandle, 'DispLogin', 3) to disable the ODBC login
dialog (cConnectionHandle is the connection handle returned by SQLCONNECT).
The ODBC login dialog can also be disabled in the Connection Designer.

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQLCONNECT() Problems

Thanks, Mike.  I'll find out today if that works!

- John

Quote:
> From the help file:

> Use SQLSETPROP(cConnectionHandle, 'DispLogin', 3) to disable the ODBC
login
> dialog (cConnectionHandle is the connection handle returned by
SQLCONNECT).
> The ODBC login dialog can also be disabled in the Connection Designer.

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQLCONNECT() Problems
May need a little more help.  Haven't had the client try this yet, but it
seems from reading into the command that it wouldn't help, but I could be
misreading, too.

If I did a SQLSETPROP(SQLCONNECT(), 'DispLogin', 3), wouldn't it first
complete the SQLCONNECT(), bringing up the login dialog, then work its way
out to setting no-display with the SQLSETPROP???  Syntactically at least, it
seems relatively moot to have a command that can't tell the back-end source
to not display the connection login until you've already had to complete the
login to get a connection handle in the first place?????

Am I just particularly thick-headed today?

-John

Quote:
> From the help file:

> Use SQLSETPROP(cConnectionHandle, 'DispLogin', 3) to disable the ODBC
login
> dialog (cConnectionHandle is the connection handle returned by
SQLCONNECT).
> The ODBC login dialog can also be disabled in the Connection Designer.

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQLCONNECT() Problems
Fred,
The way I have gotten around this is to use the connection string
instead of the datasource, userid, password option.

If security for different users is a concern, you can probably open the
DBC and insert the username and password directly into the connection
record.

- Keith

Quote:
> May need a little more help.  Haven't had the client try this yet,
but it
> seems from reading into the command that it wouldn't help, but I
could be
> misreading, too.

> If I did a SQLSETPROP(SQLCONNECT(), 'DispLogin', 3), wouldn't it first
> complete the SQLCONNECT(), bringing up the login dialog, then work
its way
> out to setting no-display with the SQLSETPROP???  Syntactically at
least, it
> seems relatively moot to have a command that can't tell the back-end
source
> to not display the connection login until you've already had to
complete the
> login to get a connection handle in the first place?????

> Am I just particularly thick-headed today?

> -John

> > From the help file:

> > Use SQLSETPROP(cConnectionHandle, 'DispLogin', 3) to disable the
ODBC
> login
> > dialog (cConnectionHandle is the connection handle returned by
> SQLCONNECT).
> > The ODBC login dialog can also be disabled in the Connection
Designer.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 SQLCONNECT() Problems
Thanks, Keith.  I'd tried that to no avail.  Unfortunately I made the same
stupid mistake I've been making for years--when not able to physically see
for myself, I believe what the user says.  Actually, I'm not clear on all
the details yet, but I'm currently guessing that there is a different login
for Banner (the encompassing interface including the Oracle database) than
there is for the Oracle database itself and that they had provided me the
wrong info.

"Always....No wait...Never, forget to check your sources"
- Real Genius (something I have not displayed in this matter!)

Thanks all,

John

Quote:
> Fred,
> The way I have gotten around this is to use the connection string
> instead of the datasource, userid, password option.

> If security for different users is a concern, you can probably open the
> DBC and insert the username and password directly into the connection
> record.

> - Keith

> > May need a little more help.  Haven't had the client try this yet,
> but it
> > seems from reading into the command that it wouldn't help, but I
> could be
> > misreading, too.

> > If I did a SQLSETPROP(SQLCONNECT(), 'DispLogin', 3), wouldn't it first
> > complete the SQLCONNECT(), bringing up the login dialog, then work
> its way
> > out to setting no-display with the SQLSETPROP???  Syntactically at
> least, it
> > seems relatively moot to have a command that can't tell the back-end
> source
> > to not display the connection login until you've already had to
> complete the
> > login to get a connection handle in the first place?????

> > Am I just particularly thick-headed today?

> > -John

> > > From the help file:

> > > Use SQLSETPROP(cConnectionHandle, 'DispLogin', 3) to disable the
> ODBC
> > login
> > > dialog (cConnectionHandle is the connection handle returned by
> > SQLCONNECT).
> > > The ODBC login dialog can also be disabled in the Connection
> Designer.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQLCONNECT Problem

2. Urgent create connection and sqlconnect

3. SQLconnect

4. SQLCONNECT()

5. fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()

6. SQLConnect() bug

7. Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()

8. SQLConnect brings up SQL Server Login Dialog

9. SQLCONNECT

10. SQLCONNECT and the ODBC Pop-Up Login Dialog Box

11. VFP8 SQLConnect() bug

12. Fatal Error when connecting to SQL server through SQLCONNECT