VFP via Access/ODBC
Author Message
 VFP via Access/ODBC

Is there a way to reach remote views from Access as linked tables?  Remote
views themselves do not appear in the list of available tables, but local
views based on remote views do.  However, the ODBC driver returns an error
indicating "SET MULTILOCKS must be ON".  Is there a way to set it ON?  My
app takes remote views offline, the user disconnects from the network, and
needs to run Access reports on the offline views.  Currently, I'm stuck
copying all of the views to tables.

Appreciate any insights.

Rich

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP via Access/ODBC

I found a related tech note on the MS web site addressing why you can't, and
never will be able to, open views which take parameters via ODBC.  I'm
assuming that multilocks falls into the same category, and opening such
views is simply not supported.  However, since the local views I'm creating
don't take parameters and have updates turned off, I should think it was
perfectly feasible to support ODBC access thereof.

Does anyone have anything to offer, either on the ODBC access issue OR on my
design strategy?  Despite numerous postings, I've never gotten a reply, so
I'm wondering if my postings are making it into the group.

TIA,
Rich

Quote:

>Is there a way to reach remote views from Access as linked tables?  Remote
>views themselves do not appear in the list of available tables, but local
>views based on remote views do.  However, the ODBC driver returns an error
>indicating "SET MULTILOCKS must be ON".  Is there a way to set it ON?  My
>app takes remote views offline, the user disconnects from the network, and
>needs to run Access reports on the offline views.  Currently, I'm stuck
>copying all of the views to tables.

>Appreciate any insights.

>Rich

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using VFP to access VFP tables via ODBC

2. Accessing .dbf via vfp odbc

3. Accessing VFP files via ODBC

4. Updating Access table via ODBC from Fox

5. Updating Access via ODBC

6. Accessing VFP3 files via ODBC

7. Accessing FoxPro via ODBC - DELETED Rows HELP!!

8. Query an Access fle from VFP5 via ODBC

9. Help: Accessing Lotus Notes via ODBC from FoxPro 2.6

10. Using SQLConfigDataSource to access mdb file via ODBC

11. Accessing Visual FoxPro 5 Via ODBC

12. Acessing VFP Views via VFP ODBC Driver??