Using memo fields for resource information
Author Message
 Using memo fields for resource information

I want to use memo fields for some user resource infos for example forms
locations,size and grid columns order etc.
I need to some functions as GetProfileString and WriteProfileString but
These functions must use memo fields.

Is there any functions in Foxpro ?

Thanks.

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:55:32 GMT
 Using memo fields for resource information
Hi Fatih,

You don't need to use the string function to get all memvars stored in the
memo field.

I created the same class for the grid that will store all user define
colors, and the position and width of each column.

The below code will save all Memory variables into the memo field:

 SAVE TO MEMO UserGrid.ColWidth    ALL LIKE aColumnWidth
 SAVE TO MEMO UserGrid.ColOrder    ALL LIKE aColumnOrder
 SAVE TO MEMO UserGrid.Colors        ALL LIKE lnGrid*

The below code will retrieve all Memvars from the memo fields.

*** Restore values for the grid column width
  RESTORE FROM MEMO UserGrid.ColWidth ADDITIVE
  *** Restore values for the grid column order
  RESTORE FROM MEMO UserGrid.ColOrder ADDITIVE
  *** Restore values for the grid colors
  RESTORE FROM MEMO UserGrid.Colors   ADDITIVE

You neexd to have 2 methods to handle the above. You can have a container
object were you will drop the grid on top of it.

Regards,

Doron

The Farber Consulting Group, Inc.

The Creator of VisualRep - Report and Query Engine
http://www.dfarber.com/VRep.htm

Quote:
> I want to use memo fields for some user resource infos for example forms
> locations,size and grid columns order etc.
> I need to some functions as GetProfileString and WriteProfileString but
> These functions must use memo fields.

> Is there any functions in Foxpro ?

> Thanks.

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:43:48 GMT

1. System Resources not being released in WIN95 using FPW26 - new information

2. Information lost in memo fields

3. Information lost in memo fields

4. Converting FOX Memo Field to Oracle CLOB field using SQL

5. Checksum of MEMO fields in resource file

6. Indent in memo-field, used in REPORT

7. Using stored query statements within a Memo field

8. Problem with memo field on Word MaillMerge using VFP ODBC driver

9. Using ASP...inserting into memo field?

10. Disappearing memo fields using "NoDataOnLoad"

11. Major Bug using MEMO fields in Reports

12. Exporting dBASE IV memo field to ASCII file without using dbase IV