FoxPro DOS 2.6 - Unable to Process Error
Author Message
 FoxPro DOS 2.6 - Unable to Process Error

I have a client running a Foxpro 2.6 DOS application. Fairly complex, very
custom, not easy to replace. Have been running it for 8 years. Just recently
one workstation died (P166/Win95). Replaced it with (P3/833Win98SE). Since
then sometimes an error box pops up "Unable to Process Error" and then
continue /Ignore.

I am also told that another workstation that has been in place and
"trouble-free" for 3 years has also gotten this error message.

I can't find any iinformation on what "Unable to process error" means.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Jeff Gagen

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 02:43:50 GMT
 FoxPro DOS 2.6 - Unable to Process Error
Hi,

In my experience it usually means that the client is dropping its network
connection, perhaps only momentarily. Assuming Fox or the Fox .EXE resides
on the network, it can't process the error because it can't access any of
the Foxpro files / code.

I had the error occasionally on some clients after moving to a newly
recabled premises. The answer in that case was to change the NICs to quality
branded ones. I'm not saying that's the answer in your case, but I would
suggest looking at your network as a possible cause.

HTH,
Neil

Quote:
> I have a client running a Foxpro 2.6 DOS application. Fairly complex, very
> custom, not easy to replace. Have been running it for 8 years. Just
recently
> one workstation died (P166/Win95). Replaced it with (P3/833Win98SE). Since
> then sometimes an error box pops up "Unable to Process Error" and then
> continue /Ignore.

> I am also told that another workstation that has been in place and
> "trouble-free" for 3 years has also gotten this error message.

> I can't find any iinformation on what "Unable to process error" means.

> Can anyone help

> Thanks

> Jeff Gagen

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:12:51 GMT
 FoxPro DOS 2.6 - Unable to Process Error
yes it is a error of losing connection to the server where the exe is.
i had also the similar problem and you can test it if you want by just
disconnecting and reconnecting any workstation momentory while the foxpro
program is running and you can create this error.

asif khan

Quote:
> Hi,

> In my experience it usually means that the client is dropping its network
> connection, perhaps only momentarily. Assuming Fox or the Fox .EXE resides
> on the network, it can't process the error because it can't access any of
> the Foxpro files / code.

> I had the error occasionally on some clients after moving to a newly
> recabled premises. The answer in that case was to change the NICs to
quality
> branded ones. I'm not saying that's the answer in your case, but I would
> suggest looking at your network as a possible cause.

> HTH,
> Neil

> > I have a client running a Foxpro 2.6 DOS application. Fairly complex,
very
> > custom, not easy to replace. Have been running it for 8 years. Just
> recently
> > one workstation died (P166/Win95). Replaced it with (P3/833Win98SE).
Since
> > then sometimes an error box pops up "Unable to Process Error" and then
> > continue /Ignore.

> > I am also told that another workstation that has been in place and
> > "trouble-free" for 3 years has also gotten this error message.

> > I can't find any iinformation on what "Unable to process error" means.

> > Can anyone help

> > Thanks

> > Jeff Gagen

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:09:50 GMT
 FoxPro DOS 2.6 - Unable to Process Error
Thanks - at least this gives me adirection to go

Quote:
> yes it is a error of losing connection to the server where the exe is.
> i had also the similar problem and you can test it if you want by just
> disconnecting and reconnecting any workstation momentory while the foxpro
> program is running and you can create this error.

> asif khan

> > Hi,

> > In my experience it usually means that the client is dropping its
network
> > connection, perhaps only momentarily. Assuming Fox or the Fox .EXE
resides
> > on the network, it can't process the error because it can't access any
of
> > the Foxpro files / code.

> > I had the error occasionally on some clients after moving to a newly
> > recabled premises. The answer in that case was to change the NICs to
> quality
> > branded ones. I'm not saying that's the answer in your case, but I would
> > suggest looking at your network as a possible cause.

> > HTH,
> > Neil

> > > I have a client running a Foxpro 2.6 DOS application. Fairly complex,
> very
> > > custom, not easy to replace. Have been running it for 8 years. Just
> > recently
> > > one workstation died (P166/Win95). Replaced it with (P3/833Win98SE).
> Since
> > > then sometimes an error box pops up "Unable to Process Error" and then
> > > continue /Ignore.

> > > I am also told that another workstation that has been in place and
> > > "trouble-free" for 3 years has also gotten this error message.

> > > I can't find any iinformation on what "Unable to process error" means.

> > > Can anyone help

> > > Thanks

> > > Jeff Gagen

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:28:21 GMT

1. Unable to process error, Unknown error code

2. Unknown error code / Unable to process error

3. Unable to process error, Unknown error code

4. Unknown error code / Unable to process error

5. Unable to process error

6. FoxPro unable to process

7. Unable to build EXE in FP DOS 2.6

8. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

9. FoxPro Dos 2.6 - File read errors

10. Error Handler question Foxpro DOS 2.6

11. FoxPro (DOS/TEXT) 2.6 Error

12. FoxPro 2.6 for Dos and Pharlap error