I Need Help needed generating a special report!!!
Author Message
 I Need Help needed generating a special report!!!

I use VFP5.0.

I am very week in performing report functions and need help with the
following:

I work with large mailing lists. I would like to make a report that
gives the quantities of three fields: here is an example:

The fields are charachter fields with alpha numeric entries:

Sourcecode
Milcode
labelcode

I need the report to provide the quantity of each specific code in the
individual fields in one report:

Sourcecode: AJ444    400
                    AJ433    300

TOTAL                      700

Millcode:    12356    1100
                  12397    1200

total                          2300

The same with the last field.

I would also like to give the report a name and be able to save it so it
can be sent by email as a attachment or fax.

I really could use some help, as my boss is putting the pressure on!!!

Thanks

Howard

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I Need Help needed generating a special report!!!
Hi
If you place the fields next to each other and sum in a summary band it's
quite simple. You create a summary band by marking a checkbox in "Title
page/Summary band" in the Report menu. Place the same three fields in the
Detail band and the Summary band. For each one of the fields in the summary
band go the  Calculate dialog in the Expression window and check ( * ) Sum.
[sourcecode]   [milcode ]  [labelcode]
detail band
[sourcecode]   [milcode ]  [labelcode]
summary band
-Anders

| I use VFP5.0.
|
| I am very week in performing report functions and need help with the
| following:
|
| I work with large mailing lists. I would like to make a report that
| gives the quantities of three fields: here is an example:
|
| The fields are charachter fields with alpha numeric entries:
|
| Sourcecode
| Milcode
| labelcode
|
| I need the report to provide the quantity of each specific code in the
| individual fields in one report:
|
| Sourcecode: AJ444    400
|                     AJ433    300
|
| TOTAL                      700
|
| Millcode:    12356    1100
|                   12397    1200
|
| total                          2300
|
| The same with the last field.
|
| I would also like to give the report a name and be able to save it so it
| can be sent by email as a attachment or fax.
|
| I really could use some help, as my boss is putting the pressure on!!!
|

| Thanks
|
| Howard

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP5: special control -need help

2. help--need to understand VFP3 Form Wizard generated code

3. I NEED HELP I NEED HELP CUSTOMIZING EXCHANGE 5.0

4. DOS's special characters of FOX26 needed in VFP

5. HELP! NOVICE NEEDS VFP 5 REPORT HELP

6. Newbie - Need generated form code for debug

7. To generate Mac and Win .EXE I need ?

8. HELP,HELP,HELP need help fast

9. Need help with Printing Report

10. Need help with Crystal Reports

11. Q; NEED HELP ON WRITING A REPORT