Form release problem
Author Message
 Form release problem

Try placing a CLEAR EVENTS in the Unload event of Form B.

Ryan Jentzsch
Computer Software Solutions

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Form release problem
Hi,
     I've two modal forms which two windows state propety set to maximized.
Form A contains one button control and Form B contains 4 buttons. One of the
button of Form B is a release form button. The code inside Form A button's
click event :

Do form FORMB
read events

The code inside Form B release button's click event:

Thisform.release

When Form B after activate and click the release button, Form B was closed,
but the "Form B" window cannot be cleared. It seems cannot be refreshed and
Form B screen still show in front of form A, so form B button was overlap
within Form A. This case was only occur after generate EXE runtime and
execute it. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks for anyone help.

Ricky

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Form release problem
Why would you need a READ EVENTS statement ? You typically only need 1 per
app, with CLEAR EVENTS to quit.  What happens if you just DO FORM formb ?

Quote:

>Hi,
>     I've two modal forms which two windows state propety set to maximized.
>Form A contains one button control and Form B contains 4 buttons. One of
the
>button of Form B is a release form button. The code inside Form A button's
>click event :

>Do form FORMB
>read events

>The code inside Form B release button's click event:

>Thisform.release

>When Form B after activate and click the release button, Form B was closed,
>but the "Form B" window cannot be cleared. It seems cannot be refreshed and
>Form B screen still show in front of form A, so form B button was overlap
>within Form A. This case was only occur after generate EXE runtime and
>execute it. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks for anyone help.

>Ricky

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Form release problem

Quote:

> Why would you need a READ EVENTS statement ? You typically only need 1 per
> app, with CLEAR EVENTS to quit.  What happens if you just DO FORM formb ?

You can only use one READ EVENTS per application anyway.  Any additional READ
EVENTS used after the first one are ignored.

--
Bridget Cronk
Anchor Commercial Services

Sun, 29 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Form release problem - continued

2. Form release problem

3. Form release problem

4. Release form problem (after filling form property)

5. vfp7 form.release or release window?

6. form.Release not releasing

7. Open and release form problem...

8. release form - from menubar of top level form ?

9. How to release a form from another form

10. DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.

11. RELEASE LIBRARY does not release memory

12. RELEASE THISFORM vs THISFORM.Release()