Printing Large Memo Fields (Bombing)
Author Message
 Printing Large Memo Fields (Bombing)

I am using FoxPro 2.6 on a Novell network. One of my applications has some
records which contain LARGE Memo Fields.  I.E. I print one out and it took
97 pages.  This app has a browse screen which allows the user to press
<ENTER> to view the memo and <P> to print the memo.  The users are able to
view, but when they try to print the larger memo fields, they get the
"INSUFFICIENT MEMORY" error.  This happens the first time I issue a
MLINE() or MEMLINE() statement.  Does any body have a solution?  This is
compiled stand-alone.  I can print it interactively within Fox.

Thanks.

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Large Memo Fields (Bombing)

Quote:

>I am using FoxPro 2.6 on a Novell network. One of my applications has some
>records which contain LARGE Memo Fields.  I.E. I print one out and it took
>97 pages.  This app has a browse screen which allows the user to press
><ENTER> to view the memo and <P> to print the memo.  The users are able to
>view, but when they try to print the larger memo fields, they get the
>"INSUFFICIENT MEMORY" error.  This happens the first time I issue a
>MLINE() or MEMLINE() statement.  Does any body have a solution?  This is
>compiled stand-alone.  I can print it interactively within Fox.

Try COPY MEMO to file and then copy file to printer using DOS
command copy _file lpt1:
.

Quote:
>Thanks.

Leonid A. Umantsev
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Large Memo Fields (Bombing)

Quote:

>Stratford) says:

>>>I am using FoxPro 2.6 on a Novell network. One of my applications has
>some
>>>records which contain LARGE Memo Fields.  I.E. I print one out and it
>took
>>>97 pages.  This app has a browse screen which allows the user to press
>>><ENTER> to view the memo and <P> to print the memo.  The users are able
>>>view, but when they try to print the larger memo fields, they get the
>>>"INSUFFICIENT MEMORY" error.  This happens the first time I issue a
>>>MLINE() or MEMLINE() statement.  Does any body have a solution?  This is
>>>compiled stand-alone.  I can print it interactively within Fox.

>>Try COPY MEMO to file and then copy file to printer using DOS
>>command copy _file lpt1:
>>.

>This was a good idea, I have tried it.  It still bombs.  My name was wrong
>on my prior post.

>Anyway,  it will not do the COPY MEMO on large memos.  I get the same
>message.  I can create a cursor with that one record. But it still blows
>when I try to print the memo.  I have closed the "live" data and released
>the memory vars, no good.
>Thanks for the idea.

>Any other ideas?

Create database with one record containing that memo field, close it and then
extract memo field from .fpt file (use low level file functions). In case of
just one memo field it's easy - you just have to get rid of the header and a
line at teh end of .fpt file. Then close it and copy to the printer.

Leonid A. Umantsev
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA

Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Large Memo Fields (Bombing)

Quote:

Stratford) says:

>>I am using FoxPro 2.6 on a Novell network. One of my applications has
some
>>records which contain LARGE Memo Fields.  I.E. I print one out and it
took
>>97 pages.  This app has a browse screen which allows the user to press
>><ENTER> to view the memo and <P> to print the memo.  The users are able
>>view, but when they try to print the larger memo fields, they get the
>>"INSUFFICIENT MEMORY" error.  This happens the first time I issue a
>>MLINE() or MEMLINE() statement.  Does any body have a solution?  This is
>>compiled stand-alone.  I can print it interactively within Fox.

>Try COPY MEMO to file and then copy file to printer using DOS
>command copy _file lpt1:
>.

This was a good idea, I have tried it.  It still bombs.  My name was wrong
on my prior post.

Anyway,  it will not do the COPY MEMO on large memos.  I get the same
message.  I can create a cursor with that one record. But it still blows
when I try to print the memo.  I have closed the "live" data and released
the memory vars, no good.

Thanks for the idea.

Any other ideas?

Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing large memo fields > 1 page

2. Insert large files into memo fields

3. FPW2.6 - printing & print preview - memo fields

4. SELECT w/Table Alias on Indexed Field Bombs

5. Printing a Memo Field

6. Printing long memo fields in FPMac

7. Printing memo field from report form

8. Printing Memo Fields

9. Printing 10 memo fields (fox 2.6)

10. bold part of a memo field when printing

11. PRINT MEMO Field

12. Printing a memo field with out extra blanks