ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file
Author Message
 ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file

Howdy.  Is anyone familiar with extracting data from Access .mdb file?
I have FPW2.6a professional, with ODBC.  I am not familiar with
Access.  Have looked at the Connectivity Kit book, but looking for
some hopefully simple statements.

The .mdb has multiple tables.  I would like to open the .mdb in Fox,
and copy the data from several tables to create a Fox .dbf for each
one.  I want to do in Fox, so a user can select a button, and have the
data copied, without having to know Access.

I know - RTFM - but I am estimating a project, and need a quick look
at converting existing data.  Thanks a lot.
Joe

Fri, 06 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file

Quote:

>Howdy. Extracting data from Access table to fox

Has anyone ever done this?  I seems like it should be pretty straight
foward.  I received an email from Marc (thank you) with macros to get
it invoking Access with DDE and running a macro, but I thought ODBC
would be easier.

Anyone with experience?  I would really appreciate the help.

TIA - Joe

Tue, 10 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file

Quote:

> >Howdy. Extracting data from Access table to fox

> Has anyone ever done this?  I seems like it should be pretty straight
> foward.  I received an email from Marc (thank you) with macros to get
> Anyone with experience?  I would really appreciate the help.

I've done it, and it's a piece of cake. Use Access to export it,
then Fox to do whatever to it.

Darryl Minsky

Tue, 10 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using SQLConfigDataSource to access mdb file via ODBC

2. Fox 2.6 and Access MDB files

3. Talk to ACCESS .MDB files?

4. Reading MS Access .mdb files from VFP

5. can VFP read and write Access MDB files?

6. Accessing Access mdb from foxpro?

7. Extract data from delimited text file

8. Extract binary data from a file

9. Foxpro data access through ODBC / ADO / DAO

10. Need access to dbase 7 data with odbc

11. odbc with .dbf and .mdb

12. ODBC selecting mdb on disk with code