Memo Fields and General Fields in report
Author Message
 Memo Fields and General Fields in report

These questions may have been asked before here but some time ago.
#1  I place the contents of a file in a memo field and when I print it the
report the tabs and spacing doesn't line up as it did in the original text
file. I played with different fonts and it didn't seem to help. Are there
rules with regard to printing memo fields?

#2  I placed a general field on a report in hopes of printing a Word or
WordPerfect document. The problem is some of the document is cutoff. If I
size to fit the doc becomes distorted. I think I've heard of others doing
something to avoid this - Can you help?

Thanks
Dan

Death without NG's

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Memo Fields and General Fields in report

Quote:

>These questions may have been asked before here but some time ago.
>#1  I place the contents of a file in a memo field and when I print it the
>report the tabs and spacing doesn't line up as it did in the original text
>file. I played with different fonts and it didn't seem to help. Are there
>rules with regard to printing memo fields?

You have to match the size of the EditBox field that was used to put the
data in the memo field on your report.  You may also have to use a fixed
font instead of a proportional font to get things to line up.

Quote:
>#2  I placed a general field on a report in hopes of printing a Word or
>WordPerfect document. The problem is some of the document is cutoff. If I
>size to fit the doc becomes distorted. I think I've heard of others doing
>something to avoid this - Can you help?

Can't help with this one, sorry.

Fred

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Indentation of memo fields - reports vs. modify memo

2. General/memo fields.

3. Problem with Mac VFP3 -ODBC-Oracle Memo and General Fields

4. Change field from General to Memo

5. Memo/General fields content ?

6. images in general fields and field bloat

7. Convert memo field in character field

8. Converting FOX Memo Field to Oracle CLOB field using SQL

9. Converting Memo fields back to Text fields

10. Error Updating SQL7 TEXT field from MEMO field

11. Report with general field containing pictures

12. General field in reports