Original recipient from undelivered email
Author Message
 Original recipient from undelivered email

Does anyone know how to retrieve the original recipient
email address from an email returned as undeliverable?
Sometimes there is an attachment with the info in it.
Sometimes it is in the body.  Sometimes it is identifiable
with a TO: preceeding it and sometimes not.  Is there one
property I can go in a message to be sure to find the
email address of the original recipient(s)?

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:11:48 GMT
 Original recipient from undelivered email
This is a Visual FoxPro newsgroup, not an Exchange newsgroup.  I'd suggest
you try to find your answer there.

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

:: Does anyone know how to retrieve the original recipient
:: email address from an email returned as undeliverable?
:: Sometimes there is an attachment with the info in it.
:: Sometimes it is in the body.  Sometimes it is identifiable
:: with a TO: preceeding it and sometimes not.  Is there one
:: property I can go in a message to be sure to find the
:: email address of the original recipient(s)?

---

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:50:12 GMT
 Original recipient from undelivered email
Maybe you need some supporting information.  I often have
need to send out emails to a list of email addresses I get
from a client.  I use VFP and Outlook automation to
accomplish this task.  Invariably, some of the emails are
returned to me as undeliverable from various mail servers
around the world.  I manually move these undelivered
messages into a folder and using VFP and Outlook
automation would like to open each message and extract the
incorrect email address that caused the return.  I could
mark the offending entries and send a list of addresses
that need attention to the client and unmark the records
for sending that don't work anyway making sure that any
reminders that are sent will not duplicate the problem.
The problem is that each mail server sends the undelivered
mail back in what seems like an unlimited number of
formats.  Since I see many requests for information
concerning VFP and MAPI in this group I believe that this
is the correct newsgroup to ask.  Is there a property on
undelivered mail from which to extract the original
recipient?  Alternatively, is there a way to test an email
address for validity before sending it?

Quote:
>This is a Visual FoxPro newsgroup, not an Exchange

newsgroup.  I'd suggest
Quote:
>you try to find your answer there.

>--

>Fred
>Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
>Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may
benefit.

>:: Does anyone know how to retrieve the original recipient
>:: email address from an email returned as undeliverable?
>:: Sometimes there is an attachment with the info in it.
>:: Sometimes it is in the body.  Sometimes it is
identifiable
>:: with a TO: preceeding it and sometimes not.  Is there
one
>:: property I can go in a message to be sure to find the
>:: email address of the original recipient(s)?

>---
6/20/2002

>.

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 04:44:22 GMT
 Original recipient from undelivered email

Quote:
> The problem is that each mail server sends the undelivered
> mail back in what seems like an unlimited number of
> formats.

There's exactly the problem, and no there's no workaround.

When you get an e-mail bounce, it arrives as a completely new e-mail message
and that's the only way you can deal with it.

Dan

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:57:31 GMT
 Original recipient from undelivered email
One idea is to mark your outgoing emails in a certain way. For example add a
unique sentence.
When a someone or a server sends this message back you could at least move
to a different folder.

Jacobus

Quote:
> This is a Visual FoxPro newsgroup, not an Exchange newsgroup.  I'd suggest
> you try to find your answer there.

> --

> Fred
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> :: Does anyone know how to retrieve the original recipient
> :: email address from an email returned as undeliverable?
> :: Sometimes there is an attachment with the info in it.
> :: Sometimes it is in the body.  Sometimes it is identifiable
> :: with a TO: preceeding it and sometimes not.  Is there one
> :: property I can go in a message to be sure to find the
> :: email address of the original recipient(s)?

> ---

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:59:22 GMT

1. MAPI Messages Control (Add Recipient)

2. MSMAPI won't work with more than one recipient

3. WinFax Add Recipient problem

4. Mabry email - CHR(13)'s in msg ignored by my email program

5. MAPI Messages Control (Add Recipient)

6. How can I replicate recipients between Organization?

7. How to create a recipients container

8. TextBox won't allow editing beyond length of original string

9. Using original printer′s font!?