Set relation problems between DBC and free tables
Author Message
 Set relation problems between DBC and free tables

I am writing a conversion program to convert 2.5 tables to VFP tables(5.0).
 When I use a free table as a parent and set a relation to a table in a
database it doesn't seem to work correctly.  What it looks like in debug
mode is that when the relation is set, it goes to where it should in the
child table.  But as I scan through the parent the child table doesn't move
again.  I was thinking this might be because I'm using a dos table and a
VFP table but I couldn't find any reference to this in DejaNews for these
newsgroups.

TIA
Bruce

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Set relation problems between DBC and free tables
Two thoughts:
1. Have SET SKIP TO the child table
2. Are you sure you are staying on the parent table when you look at the
child table?

--

Nancy Folsom
*Please post any reply to this newsgroup.  Thanks.*

Quote:

>I am writing a conversion program to convert 2.5 tables to VFP tables(5.0).
> When I use a free table as a parent and set a relation to a table in a
>database it doesn't seem to work correctly.  What it looks like in debug
>mode is that when the relation is set, it goes to where it should in the
>child table.  But as I scan through the parent the child table doesn't move
>again.  I was thinking this might be because I'm using a dos table and a
>VFP table but I couldn't find any reference to this in DejaNews for these
>newsgroups.

>TIA
>Bruce

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. table relation problem: relation to the same table

2. Problem setting relations with 2 tables

3. Setting order to child table in SET RELATION.

4. set relation in a .DBC

5. Relations between tables in differents dbc ?

6. Free Tables vs DBC

7. DBC vs. Free Tables in ODBC

8. .dbc vs. free tables

9. Free tables vs dbc

10. dbc VS Free tables

11. Performance of Free tables compared to within a DBC

12. How to import hundreds of free table to one DBC