Custom Form Method not visible from within ActiveX method
Author Message
 Custom Form Method not visible from within ActiveX method

Quote:

> Hi folks,

> I'm using an ActiveX control called DLinkX (which allows conversations
> between computers via DCOM). In the event code fro one of the control's
> events, I'm calling a custom form method. I'm getting a Property Not Found
> error.

How are you referencing the form?  Are you using thisform.method() or
parent.method() or what?  And where is the calling code?

I know nothing about the DLinkX and have never used an ActiveX control before so
take this with grain of salt, but whenever I get that kind of message I've
learned to automatically begin thinking about the calling code's frame of
reference.  I would guess you're attempting to reference the method from an
object other than the one that contains the event and that you are not
referencing it correctly.  Either that, or the method was declared protected, or
ActiveX controls are not allowed access to VFP forms, or something else....

--Ben

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom Form Method not visible from within ActiveX method

Hi folks,

I'm using an ActiveX control called DLinkX (which allows conversations
between computers via DCOM). In the event code fro one of the control's
events, I'm calling a custom form method. I'm getting a Property Not Found
error. I know the method's there and that it works because I'm calling it
from other places. I've even cut and pasted the call from one of those
places to the place where the error occurs to ensure I've avoided the
dreaded typo.

Any hints folks?

Cheers,

Andrew

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom Form Method not visible from within ActiveX method

Hi Ben,

Thanks, you're a genius! I've been bitten (again) by the protected method. I
haven't got through my thick skull yet that protected methods are only
available from methods of the object itself, not objects that are contained
by that object! <goes and writes a macro that will type "protected methods
are only available to methods belonging to the owning object" 100000 times>

Cheers,

Andrew

Quote:

>> Hi folks,

>> I'm using an ActiveX control called DLinkX (which allows conversations
>> between computers via DCOM). In the event code fro one of the control's
>> events, I'm calling a custom form method. I'm getting a Property Not
Found
>> error.

>How are you referencing the form?  Are you using thisform.method() or
>parent.method() or what?  And where is the calling code?

>I know nothing about the DLinkX and have never used an ActiveX control
before so
>take this with grain of salt, but whenever I get that kind of message I've
>learned to automatically begin thinking about the calling code's frame of
>reference.  I would guess you're attempting to reference the method from an
>object other than the one that contains the event and that you are not
>referencing it correctly.  Either that, or the method was declared
protected, or
>ActiveX controls are not allowed access to VFP forms, or something else....

>--Ben

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. #DEFINE something not visible in objects instances methods

2. FORM'S SHOW METHOD DOES NOT FIRED

3. Forms Created with Addobject method not have private session

4. Custom editor for Methods

5. Defining methods in a custom PageFrame class

6. Custom class being lost when Release method called.

7. firing custom class methods at design time

8. add custom method programmatically

9. Error method interacting with other methods

10. Custom editor for Methods

11. removing custom methods

12. adding a custom method to a object