Printing Sub-Reports in Visual FoxPro 7.0
Author Message
 Printing Sub-Reports in Visual FoxPro 7.0

Hi All,
Got a problem with the report writer in visual foxpro 7.0. What i want to do
is basically print four different reports within one report. Each of the
different parts of the report shows completely different, tho related,
information & is grouped by & ordered completely differently. Is there any
way of doing this within the same report? Thought of calling four separate
reports from within the same program but this would cause problems.  For
instance if you printed to the screen then clicking on the cross would take
you on to the next part of the report rather than exiting which isn't right.
What I really need is a method of printing sub-reports from within the same
report. Is there anyway of doing this in foxpro? Any help is much
appreciated.
Cheers Simon.

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:38:11 GMT
 Printing Sub-Reports in Visual FoxPro 7.0
Simon,
While VFP 8.0 offers more options in using multiple reports, it still does not support "sub-reports". One technique used sometimes is to use the Print When capabilities - it can make the report form difficult to maintain, but at least you don't need a 3rd party solution. See the book "The Visual FoxPro? Report Writer: Pushing it to the Limit and Beyond" By Cathy Pountney - available at http://www.hentzenwerke.com/ for details.

Rick

Quote:

> Hi All,
> Got a problem with the report writer in visual foxpro 7.0. What i want to do
> is basically print four different reports within one report. Each of the
> different parts of the report shows completely different, tho related,
> information & is grouped by & ordered completely differently. Is there any
> way of doing this within the same report? Thought of calling four separate
> reports from within the same program but this would cause problems.  For
> instance if you printed to the screen then clicking on the cross would take
> you on to the next part of the report rather than exiting which isn't right.
> What I really need is a method of printing sub-reports from within the same
> report. Is there anyway of doing this in foxpro? Any help is much
> appreciated.
> Cheers Simon.

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:33:51 GMT
 Printing Sub-Reports in Visual FoxPro 7.0
Hi Simon
Take a look at FRX2Any. This tool (actually FRX2Any's
Report Previewer) has DRILLDOWN possibility
HTH
M. Tchary

Quote:

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:27:12 GMT

1. Help: Printing Foxpro 2.6 DOS reports using Visual Foxpro 6

2. VFP REPORTS: printing sub-totals in a group at page-break

3. Visual FoxPro 2.6 Printing vs Visual 5.0 Printing

4. Print Jpg In Visual Foxpro Report

5. Help: Printing DOS reports in Visual Foxpro 6

6. Visual FoxPro 7.0 release ?

7. Visual FoxPro 7.0 *FXP files

8. Upgrading FPW 2.6 Forms to Visual Foxpro 6.0 r 7.0

9. visual foxpro 6.0 and SQL Server 7.0 DTS files

10. Trouble appending XLS into Visual FoxPro 6.0/7.0

11. Visual Foxpro 7.0 and XML?

12. using Visual FoxPro with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0