DragIcon Question VFP 5.0a
Author Message
 DragIcon Question VFP 5.0a

I have a form with an activex control in it, and a command button.
For the command buttons DragIcon property I have: cross03.cur

When the user drags the icon over the activex control I want the
cursor to change to a nodrop01 cursor if it is not at the right place,
and cross03.cur when they at at a place they are allowed to drop.  I
have the following code in the DragOver Property of the activeX
control:

LPARAMETERS oSource, nXCoord, nYCoord, nState
if upper(osource.name)='BTN_MEMORY'
        mN_Resource=thisform.SchedOCX1.PointToResource(nXCoord,
nYCoord)
        if mn_Resource < 0
                osource.dragicon='nodrop01.cur'
        else
                osource.dragicon='cross03.cur'
        endif
endif

All this works great when running under VFP, when compiled as EXE, the
nodrop01.cur shows at all the right places, but when the cross03.cur
is supposed to show, it just shows a square block.

Any suggestions?

Kirk

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DragIcon Question VFP 5.0a

Kirk,
Make sure CROSS03.CUR is explicitly listed in your project (in other files)
and not marked excluded.

Rick

Quote:

>I have a form with an activex control in it, and a command button.
>For the command buttons DragIcon property I have: cross03.cur

>When the user drags the icon over the activex control I want the
>cursor to change to a nodrop01 cursor if it is not at the right place,
>and cross03.cur when they at at a place they are allowed to drop.  I
>have the following code in the DragOver Property of the activeX
>control:

>LPARAMETERS oSource, nXCoord, nYCoord, nState
>if upper(osource.name)='BTN_MEMORY'
> mN_Resource=thisform.SchedOCX1.PointToResource(nXCoord,
>nYCoord)
> if mn_Resource < 0
> osource.dragicon='nodrop01.cur'
> else
> osource.dragicon='cross03.cur'
> endif
>endif

>All this works great when running under VFP, when compiled as EXE, the
>nodrop01.cur shows at all the right places, but when the cross03.cur
>is supposed to show, it just shows a square block.

>Any suggestions?

>Kirk

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DragIcon Question VFP 5.0a

Thought about that and checked and they are included.  Still same
problem.

Kirk

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

2. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

3. Question about VFP 5.0 and VFP 5.0a

4. To 5.0a or not to 5.0a, that's the question

5. Question on queries in VFP 5.0a

6. A few Questions on VFP 5.0a

7. VFP 5.0a Questions

8. VFP 5.0a: General Questions

9. VFP 5.0a - one more resize related question

10. Mysterious appearance of fn.bmp in dragicon for a label

11. DragIcon property set in .EXE?

12. listbox dragicons