RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL
Author Message
 RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

In designing  a user-definalbe sql select with output to a quick report, I
discovered that modifying a .qpr is not supported by Foxprow 2.6 run time
library. (I need to disbribute this)

Any code short cuts to this barring creating a screen with mucho array
code for the fieldnames, operands, and field values?

Info appreciated!

L Lee

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

Quote:

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.xbase.fox
> Subject: RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL
> Date: 27 Apr 1995 20:46:11 -0400

> In designing  a user-definalbe sql select with output to a quick report, I
> discovered that modifying a .qpr is not supported by Foxprow 2.6 run time
> library. (I need to disbribute this)

> Any code short cuts to this barring creating a screen with mucho array
> code for the fieldnames, operands, and field values?

> Info appreciated!

> L Lee

Dont use a .qpr instead do this:

Quote:
>querystring = "SELECT * FROM table.dbf"
>!querystring

The exclamation point will execute the contents of any string treating is as
a command. You can dynamically build queries with no problem at all. You'll
find that it will even recognize local progam variables in the string without
you substituting the value into the string i.e.

Quote:
>anumber = 10
>querystring = "SELECT * FROM table.dbf WHERE table.somenumber = anumber"
>!querystring

This should work without subbing STR(a) into the querystring

This is totally cool. I've done some neat stuff using the exclamation point.

Have fun.
Peter.

Wed, 15 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

Quote:

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.xbase.fox
> Subject: RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL
> Date: 27 Apr 1995 20:46:11 -0400

> In designing  a user-definalbe sql select with output to a quick report, I
> discovered that modifying a .qpr is not supported by Foxprow 2.6 run time
> library. (I need to disbribute this)

> Any code short cuts to this barring creating a screen with mucho array
> code for the fieldnames, operands, and field values?

> Info appreciated!

> L Lee

Just checked what I said in that last followup and discovered that I should
have said use:

&querystring

The ampersand will work MUCH better than an exclamation point. Sorry.

Peter.

Wed, 15 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

Quote:

writes:
atech!ne

>wsjunkie.ans.net!newstf01.news.aol.com!newsbf02.news.aol.com!not-for-m
il

>> Newsgroups: comp.databases.xbase.fox
>> Subject: RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL
>> Date: 27 Apr 1995 20:46:11 -0400

>> In designing  a user-definalbe sql select with output to a quick
report, I
>> discovered that modifying a .qpr is not supported by Foxprow 2.6 run
time
>> library. (I need to disbribute this)

>> Any code short cuts to this barring creating a screen with mucho
array
>> code for the fieldnames, operands, and field values?

>> Info appreciated!

>> L Lee

>Dont use a .qpr instead do this:

>>querystring = "SELECT * FROM table.dbf"
>>!querystring

>The exclamation point will execute the contents of any string treating
is as
>a command. You can dynamically build queries with no problem at all.
You'll
>find that it will even recognize local progam variables in the string
without
>you substituting the value into the string i.e.

>>anumber = 10
>>querystring = "SELECT * FROM table.dbf WHERE table.somenumber =
anumber"
>>!querystring

>This should work without subbing STR(a) into the querystring

>This is totally cool. I've done some neat stuff using the exclamation
point.

>Have fun.
>Peter.

Peter is right, you can use the 'bang' to run a query. It tries to do
it at the DOS level, however.

A macro replacement is more effecient, as in:
    &querystring

This expression keeps your operation in the APP without dropping to
DOS.

BTW, you can store those SQL's in a memo field of a table, assign them
to a memvar, and "macro" execute them.

    mygenericquery = <tablename.memofield>
    &mygenericquery

Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

2. Delivery foxw2600.esl

3. FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

4. FOXW2600.ESL

5. foxw2600.esl file size error

6. Foxw2600.esl file location

7. Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

8. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

9. foxw2600.esl parameters?

10. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

11. Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"