UNSUPPORTED APPLICATION
Author Message
 UNSUPPORTED APPLICATION

Anyone tell me (I am new to Foxpro) --

Is there a way if you have all components of an
application of determining the screen/reports that are
used from the actual exe if you do not have any
documentation?  we've inherited an application w/ no
documentation .. looking for a quick way to identify the
components so that we can modify the code.

thanks.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:33:58 GMT
 UNSUPPORTED APPLICATION
Bonjour PJERS
Pour mmoire, tu nous as crit :

Quote:
> Anyone tell me (I am new to Foxpro) --

> Is there a way if you have all components of an
> application of determining the screen/reports that are
> used from the actual exe if you do not have any
> documentation?  we've inherited an application w/ no
> documentation .. looking for a quick way to identify the
> components so that we can modify the code.

> thanks.

have a look at sys(16). You could add it in your source code for exemple on
a key...

on key label F12 wait window sys(16)

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:00:09 GMT
 UNSUPPORTED APPLICATION
Look for a file with a .pjx extension.  This is a project file and is used
to build the exe.  From inside VFP, do

MODIFY PROJECT MyProject

This will open the project and display the components grouped by type (code,
menus, forms, etc.).

HTH,

John

Quote:
> Anyone tell me (I am new to Foxpro) --

> Is there a way if you have all components of an
> application of determining the screen/reports that are
> used from the actual exe if you do not have any
> documentation?  we've inherited an application w/ no
> documentation .. looking for a quick way to identify the
> components so that we can modify the code.

> thanks.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:09:02 GMT
 UNSUPPORTED APPLICATION
from the ACTUAL exe.
yes  -
use list.com file
and read the exe file with that.
look for file names...
should be in the bottom or the top of the program file.
if you can't see that - then it was compiled encrypted in some fashion...
hth - mondo regards [Bill]
---
also -
if a file object was set to excluded in the first place - you will still see
a reference to it in the compiled exe...

Quote:
> Anyone tell me (I am new to Foxpro) --

> Is there a way if you have all components of an
> application of determining the screen/reports that are
> used from the actual exe if you do not have any
> documentation?  we've inherited an application w/ no
> documentation .. looking for a quick way to identify the
> components so that we can modify the code.

> thanks.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:31:54 GMT

1. how to compile application become unicode application

2. How to activate another Windows application from within VFP application

3. stored procedure in client/server application for visual foxpro application

4. VFP6, Palm OS Application, Symbol CSM 150 Scanner, Application Development

5. VFP Application blocking other applications

6. Application to Application Messaging

7. Calling 2nd Application from 1st application

8. Starting an application via the command line vs Run|Application

9. Deleting the VFP Application Upon Completion

10. Using FoxPro as a database server for a Java application

11. ActiveX and distributed applications

12. VFP3 - Menu not found after switching to another application