Event Firing ???
Author Message
 Event Firing ???

I have a strange problem with the automatic event Firing of VFP:

On my screen there are many Forms with a grid in it.

After the selection of an entry in the menubar I want to destroy all these
windows:

Grid1.Destroy()
Grid2.Destroy()
<code snippet>

Everything is all right, except the last active grid. This damned grid
runs the destroy-method BUT doesn't really destroy. In the <code snipped>
this grid is already visible and funny effects will appear. If you want to
DO FORM Grid1 NAMED Grid1, a GFP occours and VFP goes into Nirwana.

After the end of the <code snippet>, when the Event-Read takes control,
the old form with its grid disappear.

Any suggestions ?

Tom.

INSPIRIT Software-Development                      Tel : +43 1 / 33 20 917 1
A-1200 Vienna, Klosterneuburgerstr. 60/14          Fax : +43 1 / 33 20 917 4

## CrossPoint v3.0 ##

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Event Firing ???

Quote:

> I have a strange problem with the automatic event Firing of VFP:

> On my screen there are many Forms with a grid in it.

> After the selection of an entry in the menubar I want to destroy all these
> windows:

> Grid1.Destroy()
> Grid2.Destroy()
> <code snippet>

> Everything is all right, except the last active grid. This damned grid
> runs the destroy-method BUT doesn't really destroy. In the <code snipped>
> this grid is already visible and funny effects will appear. If you want to
> DO FORM Grid1 NAMED Grid1, a GFP occours and VFP goes into Nirwana.

> After the end of the <code snippet>, when the Event-Read takes control,
> the old form with its grid disappear.

> Any suggestions ?

> Tom.

Be careful: your code executes the destroy() methods, but the control is not
destroyed.

The fact is that you cannot fire most events on yourself.
You better call a funtion like "release window" to accomplish this.
The matter is well explained in the excellent book "Codebook for vfp"

Hope it helps
Giovanni

Thu, 20 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Make a controls event fire at design time

2. Activate event fires when not wanted.

3. Grid event firing order

4. Grid problem, no click,dblclick,rightclick event firing

5. valid event fired when Form Close

6. VFP: Event Firing

7. VFP 3.0b: Problem with events firing

8. Event Firing Order

9. Make control's event fire at design time

10. VFP: Origin of Events Firing

11. form - event firing sequence

12. What event fires when the task bar is clicked