SCO Unix Foxpro Printing ^M,^L
Author Message
 SCO Unix Foxpro Printing ^M,^L

SCO Foxpro insists on outputing a ^L before each printjob, and
also puts a ^M at the end of every line of output including
output redirected as "set alternate on" and "set print on".

Anybody know how to shut off this DOS behavior so we can write
our own custom data formats to files and printjobs?  I know
I can output everything to a file, then sed, tr, awk it, etc...
but that's a little too drastic for every print job we need
complete control of.

Does anybody know if M$Soft intends to enhace this product, or is it
dead as far as they're concerned?  I know I'm asking a lot here....

Steve Wertz
Computer Literacy Bookshops, Inc.

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SCO Unix Foxpro Printing ^M,^L

Quote:
>SCO Foxpro insists on outputing a ^L before each printjob, and
>also puts a ^M at the end of every line of output including
>output redirected as "set alternate on" and "set print on".

>Anybody know how to shut off this DOS behavior so we can write
>our own custom data formats to files and printjobs?  I know
>I can output everything to a file, then sed, tr, awk it, etc...
>but that's a little too drastic for every print job we need
>complete control of.

>Does anybody know if M$Soft intends to enhace this product, or is it
>dead as far as they're concerned?  I know I'm asking a lot here....

>Steve Wertz
>Computer Literacy Bookshops, Inc.

Steve,  I've installed Foxpro for Unix on 4 SCO machines now, and have not run
into the problem you're currently having.  After some extensive programming
the only 'itch' I complain about is the fact that you have to 'set printer to'
either another spooler name, or nothing before it will print.  But have not
had the problem you're having on any of the machines I've worked with...

My sources tell me that Microsoft will NOT be developing anymore for UNIX, but
that's not in concrete, just grapevine wine....

                                                Tim..

Mon, 18 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SCO Unix Foxpro Printing ^M,^L

Quote:
>My sources tell me that Microsoft will NOT be developing anymore for UNIX, but
>that's not in concrete, just grapevine wine....

SCO - is there any chance you guys could take over maintenance of this?

W/out this there's one less app we can develop stuff to run under Unix with.

Tim Kuehn               TDK Consulting Services         519-888-0766

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 SCO Unix Foxpro Printing ^M,^L

Quote:
>>My sources tell me that Microsoft will NOT be developing anymore for UNIX,
but
>>that's not in concrete, just grapevine wine....

>SCO - is there any chance you guys could take over maintenance of this?

>W/out this there's one less app we can develop stuff to run under Unix with.

>Tim Kuehn           TDK Consulting Services         519-888-0766

I think it's a great way to do apps regardless of future support/enhancements.
The possibilities are about the same as they have always been in DOS only with
onge greatly enhanced feature, in Unix it's multi-user.  I wish SCO would pick
up the support as well, who knows, SCO just recently purchased Unix-ware from
Novell, maybe.......

                                        Tim..

Sat, 23 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Upgrading from FoxPlus for SCO to MS FoxPro 2.6 for SCO

2. Icon file defaults to ls.exe rather than ls.ico

3. FP 2.6 SCO Unix on SCO Internet FastStart 1.0

4. Foxpro API in SCO Unix

5. suggestion about choose FoxPro for SCO UNIX

6. What multiport serial board? SCO/FoxPro Unix

7. Foxpro for Unix other than SCO

8. FoxPro for SCO Unix

9. SCO Unix Foxpro BETA Testing Request

10. sco foxpro unix beta version

11. SCO Unix Foxpro BETA Testing Request

12. Foxpro port for SCO Unix