no print dialog at runtime
Author Message
 no print dialog at runtime

I created a project with 1 form. The form appeared with a
buttonset. In the buttonset is a Print button. I created a
report to select at when I press the Print button. The
form works fine. The printed report is fine---almost. At
design time, when I run the form and click on the print
button, I get a print dialog with options. In that, I can
select all records or just the current recordset. This
works fine when I'm running from design view. But when I
compile and run the exe in the real world, the dialog box
does not appear, and I get the default report (all
records). What am I missing??

Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:22:28 GMT
 no print dialog at runtime
When you say "Print dialog" are you referring to the Windows dialog where
you can choose which pages to print? To bring up that dialog use a print
statement like:

REPORT FORM MyReport ;
    TO PRINTER PROMPT NOCONSOLE
-or-
REPORT FORM MyReport ;
    TO PRINTER PROMPT PREVIEW NOCONSOLE

> I created a project with 1 form. The form appeared with a
> buttonset. In the buttonset is a Print button. I created a
> report to select at when I press the Print button. The
> form works fine. The printed report is fine---almost. At
> design time, when I run the form and click on the print
> button, I get a print dialog with options. In that, I can
> select all records or just the current recordset. This
> works fine when I'm running from design view. But when I
> compile and run the exe in the real world, the dialog box
> does not appear, and I get the default report (all
> records). What am I missing??

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:01:32 GMT
 no print dialog at runtime
No. I'm referring to a print dialog box that appears when
I click the Print 'button' that is part of the default
buttonset that came with the form. This dialog looks
different than the regular windows print/print preview
dialog box that I'm familiar with. I don't have the
project with me right now, I'll post additional details
tomorrow.

Quote:

http://cindywinegarden.adsl.duke.edu
Quote:
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

>> I created a project with 1 form. The form appeared with
>> buttonset. In the buttonset is a Print button. I
created a
>> report to select at when I press the Print button. The
>> form works fine. The printed report is fine---almost. At
>> design time, when I run the form and click on the print
>> button, I get a print dialog with options. In that, I
can
>> select all records or just the current recordset. This
>> works fine when I'm running from design view. But when I
>> compile and run the exe in the real world, the dialog
box
>> does not appear, and I get the default report (all
>> records). What am I missing??

>.

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:22:28 GMT
 no print dialog at runtime
Ooops! I posted an updated reply to this as a new post --
please see 'print dialog box' dated March 17 for more
explanation.
Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:40:47 GMT

1. Print options dialog box in print preview

2. VFP6 SP3 crashes badly in print dialog....HELP

3. That pesky print dialog in FPro/Mac

4. How to print without using Dialog Box

5. Disable status dialog while printing

6. print dialog box

7. Using of Print Dialog

8. Pages Printed Dialog Box