Importing excell spreadsheet - exporting ASCII fixed width file
Author Message
 Importing excell spreadsheet - exporting ASCII fixed width file

I have virtually no experiance with foxpro.  I am trying
to upload data sent by a client via excell spreedsheet
into my collection database.  I have successfully imported
the spreadsheet into foxpro and reconfigured the field
width to 50 characters as required for uploading.  I have
not however been successful in saving as a ASCII space
delimited file.  I have purchased a book on foxpro but I
am under some tight time constraints and have been unable
to solve this problem.  Can anyone assist me?

Jason Trolian
866-425-5005

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 03:18:50 GMT
 Importing excell spreadsheet - exporting ASCII fixed width file
Hi Jason,

See if this gives you what you need. You can type these lines into the
Command window and try this out:

CREATE CURSOR Test (Field1 C(10), Field2 D, Field3 C(10), Field4 N(10, 2))
INSERT INTO Test VALUES ("Hello", DATE() - 1, "World!", 123.45)
INSERT INTO Test VALUES ("FoxPro", DATE() + 1, "Rocks", 678.9)

COPY TO TestDelimit.txt DELIMITED WITH "" WITH CHARACTER " "
MODIFY FILE TestDelimit.txt    && See if the file is right.

> I have virtually no experiance with foxpro.  I am trying
> to upload data sent by a client via excell spreedsheet
> into my collection database.  I have successfully imported
> the spreadsheet into foxpro and reconfigured the field
> width to 50 characters as required for uploading.  I have
> not however been successful in saving as a ASCII space
> delimited file.  I have purchased a book on foxpro but I
> am under some tight time constraints and have been unable
> to solve this problem.  Can anyone assist me?

> Jason Trolian
> 866-425-5005

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 06:12:17 GMT

1. import fixed width text file

2. automatical Import/Export from/to text files with fixed size

3. Export records from VFP 3.0 table to FIXED WIDTH format

4. Automated Fixed width Import?

5. Importing Excel file with multiple spreadsheet

6. making fixed width file

7. Appending text files with fixed width format

8. How to append fixed-width text file using command line in VFP5

9. Baffled with Fixed-width text files

10. Bring in Fixed Length ASCII file?

11. How do I save a table as a fixed length ASCII file

12. eXPORTING MEMO AND DATA FILES TO ASCII