Detail band is too large to fit on page?
Author Message
 Detail band is too large to fit on page?

On report:

        Deail band is too large to fit on page

This report is converted from 2.6 to VFP 3.0.
Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

--Chun

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Detail band is too large to fit on page?

Quote:

> On report:

>         Deail band is too large to fit on page

> This report is converted from 2.6 to VFP 3.0.
> Anyone can help?

> Thanks in advance.

> --Chun

I am having a similar problem converting from FoxPro 2.0 for DOS to VFP
3.0, using an IBM/Lexmark 2391 Plus Printer Driver and trying to format
a user-defined form size of 8 1/2 by 7 inches. Everytime I go to print
or print preview, the report form reverts to the minimum default size of
3 inches wide by 1/2 inch deep, and therefore by header and detail
fields, etc. are too large. I am also having a problem trying to format
the same form with a generic (text only) printer driver, and the size
fluctuates depending on how I adjust the bands in the report form,
ranging anywhere from 6 1/2 inches deep to 7 1/128 inch. The FoxPro 2.0
version of this form ran perfectly, however, on the same printer.

I contacted Microsoft Tech Support on 2/19/97 and, after two plus hours
of reviewing the problem, I was told it is probably unsolvable. This is
not a particularly acceptable answer coming from Mr. Billionaire Gates
who certainly has the resources to produce solider software products.
Those using FoxPro for applications are more than likely serious about
having their programs run smoothly. Althouth the tech people promised to
attempt to workout a solution, I hold little optimism for their success
in light of their comment to me.

My own likely solution will be to run by converted application in VFP
and create menu options that will run FoxPro DOS 2.0 and the report
forms I need in the old DOS format, trying to keep the operation simple
enough for the operator.

Isn't it time for Bill Gates and Microsoft to assume some modicum of
accountability for their products?

Respectfully,

Rudy VV

Wed, 11 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Detail band is too large to fit on page?

Have you gone into the Printer Setup and created a user-defined page size?
Have you then modified the report and selected user defined print size?  Do
you have the most current printer driver for the machine?

Quote:
>I am having a similar problem converting from FoxPro 2.0 for DOS to VFP
>3.0, using an IBM/Lexmark 2391 Plus Printer Driver and trying to format
>a user-defined form size of 8 1/2 by 7 inches.

>I contacted Microsoft Tech Support on 2/19/97 and, after two plus hours
>of reviewing the problem, I was told it is probably unsolvable.

It sometimes depends on who you talk to. It's quite possible some tech reps
have never coded in their life.   Some reps are very knowledgeable, but
sometimes teeth can grind when you call tech support and you get the same
person who has no clue about the product.  Unfortunately, you can't ask for a
specific knowledgable rep as it seems they answer the phone via a queue.

Fortunately there is this newgroup.

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

2. Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page

3. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

4. Page Header Band too large to fit on page

5. summary band is too large to fit on page

6. Printing Detail band wont fit...!!!!

7. Summary band too large to fit

8. Help! Report Problem: Detail Band too large to fit on page?

9. Detail band too large

10. detail band too large

11. Detail Band is Too Large

12. Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a