_screen.visible = .f.
Author Message
 _screen.visible = .f.

How do I use _screen.visible = .f.?  I would like to get rid of the main
screen in Visual FP6.0 SP4 and still be able to show my forms.  When I set
the visible to .f. I can't see anything.

I'm sure that's what they intended when they gave us that
option..........HA!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 _screen.visible = .f.
Are the forms set with ShowWindow = 2 (top-level form)?
- Lew S

Quote:
> How do I use _screen.visible = .f.?  I would like to get rid of the main
> screen in Visual FP6.0 SP4 and still be able to show my forms.  When I set
> the visible to .f. I can't see anything.

> I'm sure that's what they intended when they gave us that
> option..........HA!

> Thanks in advance for any help.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 _screen.visible = .f.
It allows you to set some things up that the user can't see and then
when _screen=.t. they are all visible at once. It eliminates the
flashing that goes on when you update controls or objects one at a
time, especially on a "splash" screen.

It's a nice tool but, quite frankly, I haven't had to use it in 4
years of VFP. The danger is something crashing in your startup routine
and you have the screen turned off!

You might find a use for LockScreen which does a similar thing once
your program is loaded.

HTH!!!

Quote:

--
John

(Spam avoidance: Actual address has one S.)

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 _screen.visible = .f.

I use _screen.visible = .F. in one of my apps and have the forms I make the
only visible forms.

My main .prg file says this (condensed but works fine).

_screen.visible = .F.

do form MyForm
read events

Then in my form I have the clear events in my close button.  Also you need
to make sure your forms have the proper property settings. Below are the
properties I've changed.

ShowWindow = 2
WindowType = 1
MDIForm = T

I hope this helps,
Bryan Smith

Quote:
> How do I use _screen.visible = .f.?  I would like to get rid of the main
> screen in Visual FP6.0 SP4 and still be able to show my forms.  When I set
> the visible to .f. I can't see anything.

> I'm sure that's what they intended when they gave us that
> option..........HA!

> Thanks in advance for any help.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 _screen.visible = .f.
Do you have an .ini file in your project?  With SCREEN=OFF in it?

Regards,

Pam

Quote:
> How do I use _screen.visible = .f.?  I would like to get rid of the main
> screen in Visual FP6.0 SP4 and still be able to show my forms.  When I set
> the visible to .f. I can't see anything.

> I'm sure that's what they intended when they gave us that
> option..........HA!

> Thanks in advance for any help.

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:53:18 GMT
 _screen.visible = .f.
You need to set atleast one forms ShowWindow property to 2 - As Top Level,
and make sure that your startup program initiates it.  All other forms
ShowWindow properties should be either 1 - In Top Level or 2 - As Top Level.

Bill Mittenzwey, MCSD

Quote:
> Do you have an .ini file in your project?  With SCREEN=OFF in it?

> Regards,

> Pam

> > How do I use _screen.visible = .f.?  I would like to get rid of the main
> > screen in Visual FP6.0 SP4 and still be able to show my forms.  When I
set
> > the visible to .f. I can't see anything.

> > I'm sure that's what they intended when they gave us that
> > option..........HA!

> > Thanks in advance for any help.

Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. _screen.visible=.f. in vfp 6.0

2. _screen.visible

3. _Screen.Visible

4. _screen.Visible=.F. and form focus

5. Form not active with _SCREEN.Visible = .F.

6. How to generate a preview when SCREEN.Visible=.F.

7. _SCREEN.VISIBLE=.f. in 3.0 !!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!

8. How to generate a preview when SCREEN.Visible=.F.

9. HOW TO obtain 2 forms and _screen.visible = .F. and ONE name in the task bar ???

10. Any way to hook status bar when _screen.visible = false?

11. picture visible / not visible

12. Grid Visible Non-Visible/Enabled Columns...