Screen gets clipped after minimize
Author Message
 Screen gets clipped after minimize

We have a Foxpro 2.6 application that we also compile in VFP 5.0.  The main
screen has a bitmap, some labels, and a set of command buttons on it.  It is
normally maximized.  In the 32-bit executable, if the user is using 640x480
resolution and minimizes the main screen then restores it, the bitmap and
the labels get clipped off.  The window is 630x400 pixels, but it gets
clipped to about 504x354 pixels.  This cuts off part of the bitmap and some
of the labels.  The commands buttons are not usually affected, even though
one of them lies partly outside of the 504x354 region.

The clipping does not happen at 800x600 resolution, nor does it happed at
any resolution in the 16-bit executable.

What is causing this?  How can we correct it?

Note that since this is FPW code running in VFP, the screen is not a form.

... SAY commands.  This is the main screen is the sense that is it always
behind the other application windows, and it has the fundamental READ
command for the application.

---Tim Lamm
Bradbury & Associates
Lexington KY

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen gets clipped after minimize
The old 2.6 screens are not really windows screens.  I know this sounds
funny, but trust me, they're not.  If you've got a screen saver on your
system, just leave one of the old FPW2.6 screens up (when in VFP), let the
screen saver kick in and it will become really clear what I mean.  When your
screen tries to restore itself, it will be an empty frame!  The controls are
there and work, you just can't see them.  That's probably what's happening
to your bitmap, too.

Fred

Quote:

>We have a Foxpro 2.6 application that we also compile in VFP 5.0.  The main
>screen has a bitmap, some labels, and a set of command buttons on it.  It
is
>normally maximized.  In the 32-bit executable, if the user is using 640x480
>resolution and minimizes the main screen then restores it, the bitmap and
>the labels get clipped off.  The window is 630x400 pixels, but it gets
>clipped to about 504x354 pixels.  This cuts off part of the bitmap and some
>of the labels.  The commands buttons are not usually affected, even though
>one of them lies partly outside of the 504x354 region.

>The clipping does not happen at 800x600 resolution, nor does it happed at
>any resolution in the 16-bit executable.

>What is causing this?  How can we correct it?

>Note that since this is FPW code running in VFP, the screen is not a form.

>... SAY commands.  This is the main screen is the sense that is it always
>behind the other application windows, and it has the fundamental READ
>command for the application.

>---Tim Lamm
>Bradbury & Associates
>Lexington KY

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Coordinates of Minimized Window

2. Minimize Icon for Screen

3. Minimizing Window Screens-FP2.6 & W95

4. Minimize Screen in VFP3

5. Getting Rid of Main Fox Pro Screen

6. Screen objects (GETS variables, lost)

7. Help - SHOW GETS DISABLE kills screen

8. GETTING RID OF SCREEN MESSAGES

9. Getting the report to pop-up full screen, maximized

10. Getting rid of the FOX in screen menu bar

11. Getting rid of the Visual FoxPro screen

12. Getting fields from screen to save in database