top level forms, child forms, _Screen, the main foxpro window
Author Message
 top level forms, child forms, _Screen, the main foxpro window

I have defined the showwindow properety of the starting form of the
application as a top level form and all the other forms' showwindow as "in
top level form".  I had thougt that the compiled exe would then run without
showing the foxpro screen - but the screen still shows as soon as the first
child form is called.  I am working around this by setting the
_Screen.visible property to .f. in the setup application code but I know
there are major pieces of how this works that I am not understanding.  Is
doing it this way a problem?  Is there some obvious other way to eliminate
the foxpro desktop from the picture?  All comments and suggestions
appreciated......

--
Joe Halloran

410 889 9307

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:52:57 GMT
 top level forms, child forms, _Screen, the main foxpro window
Put SCREEN=OFF in the CONFIG.FPW file.
Quote:

> I have defined the showwindow properety of the starting form of the
> application as a top level form and all the other forms' showwindow as "in
> top level form".  I had thougt that the compiled exe would then run without
> showing the foxpro screen - but the screen still shows as soon as the first
> child form is called.  I am working around this by setting the
> _Screen.visible property to .f. in the setup application code but I know
> there are major pieces of how this works that I am not understanding.  Is
> doing it this way a problem?  Is there some obvious other way to eliminate
> the foxpro desktop from the picture?  All comments and suggestions
> appreciated......

> --
> Joe Halloran

> 410 889 9307

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:55:47 GMT
 top level forms, child forms, _Screen, the main foxpro window
Thanks.

Put SCREEN=OFF in the CONFIG.FPW file.

Quote:
> I have defined the showwindow properety of the starting form of the
> application as a top level form and all the other forms' showwindow as "in
> top level form".  I had thougt that the compiled exe would then run
without
> showing the foxpro screen - but the screen still shows as soon as the
first
> child form is called.  I am working around this by setting the
> _Screen.visible property to .f. in the setup application code but I know
> there are major pieces of how this works that I am not understanding.  Is
> doing it this way a problem?  Is there some obvious other way to eliminate
> the foxpro desktop from the picture?  All comments and suggestions
> appreciated......

> --
> Joe Halloran

> 410 889 9307

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:44:10 GMT

1. API:FindWindow for Child (In Top Level Form)

2. making forms to be main screen instead of reside in vfp main window

3. Top Level Form and _screen = off

4. Strange problem with modal forms and Application in top-level form

5. addressing form from menu on top level form ?

6. Top level form menu & active form

7. release form - from menubar of top level form ?

8. Top Level form/Modal form conflict.

9. Main form not unloading when Child forms are open

10. Question: Forms displayed inside other top-level forms

11. Top level form - modal form ??

12. Form not appearing in top-level form.