problem with aprinters(array)
Author Message
 problem with aprinters(array)

I got the list of printer found in my win95 using APRINTERS(gaPrinters).
I can display the value of gaPrinters When I referred to this array in a
combo box, Foxpro claimed that gaPrinters is not an array. How come?

Chris

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem with aprinters(array)

You might make sure your array, gaPrinters, is being referenced in the same
local code block or otherwise make it PUBLIC prior to using it.  I assume
from the 'ga' that you are already declaring it PUBLIC first (e.g., PUBLIC
ARRAY gaPrinters[1]).

Another idea -- if you are referring to the array in the RowSource of the
object at design time but aren't actually creating it until the Init or
other method of the form runs, this may cause a problem because the combo
box will attempt to query before the array exists.  You may need to set the
RowSource and RowSourceType properties after you have created the array.

Good luck.

Quote:
>I got the list of printer found in my win95 using APRINTERS(gaPrinters).
>I can display the value of gaPrinters When I referred to this array in a
>combo box, Foxpro claimed that gaPrinters is not an array. How come?

>Chris

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. fail to issue APRINTERS(array) in Init Event

2. APRINTERS() and Window 2000 problem

3. APRINTERS and printernames

4. APRINTERS() question

5. VPF6 - APRINTERS() Printer Name for Win98/Win2000 in LAN

6. aPrinters() cause GPF in VFP500

7. aprinters() function returns 0

8. Array of Arrays (can you do it?)

9. About to retrieve the data into an array and compare the data in the array

10. Array's subscript problem

11. empty array problem

12. Problem passing array as Parameter