Can Query Designer create and update Query VFP 6.0
Author Message
 Can Query Designer create and update Query VFP 6.0

Hello Group

I am writing a program to update a commerical product that has up to 80
columns in some of the tables. I would like to use the Query designer to do
this and save me alot of typing. Is this possible

Thanks
Jim

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:37:24 GMT
 Can Query Designer create and update Query VFP 6.0
Jim,

You can always start with the Query or View designer to get all the field
names and joins and then copy the SQL to a PRG file and finish there by
cutting and pasting what you want and typing the rest.

Shortcuts aren't always short. < g >

--

Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft MVP

> Hello Group

> I am writing a program to update a commerical product that has up to 80
> columns in some of the tables. I would like to use the Query designer to
do
> this and save me alot of typing. Is this possible

> Thanks
> Jim

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:57:54 GMT
 Can Query Designer create and update Query VFP 6.0

Quote:
> Jim,

> You can always start with the Query or View designer to get all the field
> names and joins and then copy the SQL to a PRG file and finish there by
> cutting and pasting what you want and typing the rest.

> Shortcuts aren't always short. < g >

As for Views it's always better to use GenDBC to retreive correct code that
will recreate your View (I mean not SQL, but a couple of DBSetProp).

And in both cases be aware of VFP Query/View Designer bug when it put JOIN's
and their ON's in incorrect order.

WBR, Igor

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 01:52:55 GMT
 Can Query Designer create and update Query VFP 6.0
With that many fields to update you should look in Help at SYS(3055)
You can work through a (parameterized) view you create in the View designer.
Set update critreria in trhe VCiew Desinger.
Then
cView='myview'
parm1= 12345
USE (cView)
CURSORSETPROP('buffering', 5, cView)
* make edits interactively or programmatically to the view
Tableupdate(2, .t., cView)

-Anders

Quote:
> Hello Group

> I am writing a program to update a commerical product that has up to 80
> columns in some of the tables. I would like to use the Query designer to
do
> this and save me alot of typing. Is this possible

> Thanks
> Jim

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:29:57 GMT

1. Query Designer + Reports (VFP 3.0)

2. Query to a graph VFP 6.0

3. Updating Query Graphs in VFP 5.0

4. VFP 3.0 Create Query

5. VFP 3.0 Creating Reports from Queries.

6. query designer

7. query designer

8. Is the is The Query designer fox program

9. A Bug in the Query Designer?

10. Problem with SQL Query Designer output to Report

11. Query Designer not available in .EXE???

12. Query Designer Bug?