Having trouble opening a database obtained from GETFILE command
Author Message
 Having trouble opening a database obtained from GETFILE command

Does anybody have a program they would be kind enough to send me that uses
the GETFILE command to prompt for a .DBF to USE?  It seems really simple
to do this, but the program is blowing up with errors saying stuff like
"invalid command".  I am doing something like this:

store sys(1020) to sysinvent
store getfile("F+DB","Please Locate 'Propman.dbf'") to dbfname
store sysinvent+"propman.dbf" to dbfname
use '&DBFNAME'

I THINK something like the above should work...

A second question - We are eventually going to move to Foxpro, IF
we don't convert our Foxbase to some other platform (Oracle, Future BASIC,
C etc..), but I notice that Foxbase seems to crash for no apparent reason -
the Mac locks up and you have to reboot the machine.  This happens on
various Macs, as programmers are developing stuff.  Also, occasionally
happens to users.  I have never seen any other languages on the Mac crash
like Foxbase.  Is this my imagination or is Foxbase 2.01 full of bugs?
I realize that Microsoft is advising everyone to uprgrade their tired, old
machines and upgrade to Foxpro, but that will take time....  Thanks for
any advice on the above questions.

------ Michael Winters               Peace Corps

Wed, 09 Apr 1997 05:05:52 GMT

1. Having trouble with non foxpro databases (.dbf)

2. FPD 2.0 SQL statement - trouble obtaining column headers when output to file

3. Having trouble updating a 1-Many child browse.

4. Having trouble with SET PRINTER TO

5. Still having trouble with INSERT INTO

6. Foxpro 2.6 for Mac having trouble launching----HELP

7. Having trouble executing a batch using sql pass through

8. Still having trouble with SET RELATION

9. Having trouble switching DBC's in a form

10. Having trouble with providing context sensative help.

11. I'm having trouble using the same table in two forms

12. Newbie having trouble with toolbar