Combo box character limit?
Author Message
 Combo box character limit?

I can only seem to program a certain number of selections in a combo box.
Once a certain number of characters are entered, foxpro (VFP5) seems to ignor
the rest.  Is there some sort of default setting that can be changed in order
to increase the number of characters able to be entered?

Jeff
...correct address before replying directly

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Combo box character limit?

It seems like you are asking two different questions.  Are you talking
about the width of each selection or the number of selections?

Quote:
> I can only seem to program a certain number of selections in a combo box.
> Once a certain number of characters are entered, foxpro (VFP5) seems to
ignor
> the rest.  Is there some sort of default setting that can be changed in
order
> to increase the number of characters able to be entered?

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Combo box character limit?

Quote:
>It seems like you are asking two different questions.  Are you talking
>about the width of each selection or the number of selections?

Neither.  The width of each selection is no problem.  The number of selections
is no problem.  The number of selections combined with the width of each
selection (total number of characters) is the problem.  I currently have 13
selections.  The total number of characters entered (each individual letter)
for all 13 is roughly 220.  Every time I try to add one more character using
the builder or row source property the builder displays the character, but
after the builder is closed the character is ignored.  Going back into the
builder, the character is gone.  If I decrease the number of characters in the
selections, I can add more than 13 entries in the combo box, but can never add
more characters (including spaces) than 220 (not sure if I counted them
accurately).  This seems to be either some sort of bug or limit to the number
of characters able to be stored by FoxPro(VFP5) in the rowsource property of
the combo box, or perhaps there is some sort of default setting I could
change.

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Limiting Characters in text box???

2. getting a combo box to show the full character month

3. 256 Character - Row Source (Combo Box)

4. SelText limit of 254 characters?

5. 255 Characters Limit In Memo Field

6. 256 Character Limit

7. 256 Character Limit

8. 256 Character Limit - Row Source and SQL

9. Field Limited to 254 Characters??

10. SQL UPDATE limits to 256 characters in a memo field

11. Combo Box with style property set to dropdown combo

12. Combo-box auto drop the list box