Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?
Author Message
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?

Oh wise ones, help!
I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win 2.5....
except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
infamous divide by zero error gets them.

1. is there a fix for 2.5?

2. is there anybody who wants to sell me a version 2.6a or 2.6 for windows?

Thanks!

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:45:37 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?
No, the patch for fast computers applies to 2.6.

Quote:
> Oh wise ones, help!
> I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win 2.5....
> except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
> infamous divide by zero error gets them.

> 1. is there a fix for 2.5?

> 2. is there anybody who wants to sell me a version 2.6a or 2.6 for
windows?

> Thanks!

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:21:27 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?
Carl,
Do a search for DZPATCH, you can use this to "fix" FPW 2.5-2.6 - it just
officially violates your MS license. Note: When you use it on FPW 2.6a, it
changes the files EXACTLY the same way as the official MS procedure.

Rick

Quote:
> Oh wise ones, help!
> I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win 2.5....
> except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
> infamous divide by zero error gets them.

> 1. is there a fix for 2.5?

> 2. is there anybody who wants to sell me a version 2.6a or 2.6 for
windows?

> Thanks!

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:36:40 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?
Sorry, Rick, for the missinformation. But I cannot help someone "violate" MS
license agreement. I've been caught once and that was enough.

Quote:
> Carl,
> Do a search for DZPATCH, you can use this to "fix" FPW 2.5-2.6 - it just
> officially violates your MS license. Note: When you use it on FPW 2.6a, it
> changes the files EXACTLY the same way as the official MS procedure.

> Rick

> > Oh wise ones, help!
> > I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win 2.5....
> > except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
> > infamous divide by zero error gets them.

> > 1. is there a fix for 2.5?

> > 2. is there anybody who wants to sell me a version 2.6a or 2.6 for
> windows?

> > Thanks!

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:57:05 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?
You can sometimes purchase old versions on eBay or at
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/msfox.htm

--

Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft MVP

> Oh wise ones, help!
> I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win 2.5....
> except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
> infamous divide by zero error gets them.

> 1. is there a fix for 2.5?

> 2. is there anybody who wants to sell me a version 2.6a or 2.6 for
windows?

> Thanks!

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:55:37 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?
Mike,
That's why I don't give a URL. I simply make people aware that there is "a"
solution, they'll have to decide if it's a solution they can live with. I
know that at the time Andrew Forber wrote DZPATCH, MS wouldn't even
acknowledge there was a problem, but when they did supply at least the FPW
2.6a patch, they asked Andrew to stop distributing his program, and HE
complied.

Rick

Quote:
> Sorry, Rick, for the missinformation. But I cannot help someone "violate"
MS
> license agreement. I've been caught once and that was enough.

> > Carl,
> > Do a search for DZPATCH, you can use this to "fix" FPW 2.5-2.6 - it just
> > officially violates your MS license. Note: When you use it on FPW 2.6a,
it
> > changes the files EXACTLY the same way as the official MS procedure.

> > Rick

> > > Oh wise ones, help!
> > > I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win
2.5....
> > > except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
> > > infamous divide by zero error gets them.

> > > 1. is there a fix for 2.5?

> > > 2. is there anybody who wants to sell me a version 2.6a or 2.6 for
> > windows?

> > > Thanks!

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 06:09:27 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?

Quote:
> Oh wise ones, help!
> I have a running, almost entirely bugless program in foxpro win 2.5....
> except that now my users go and upgrade to a fast machine.... and the
> infamous divide by zero error gets them.

> 1. is there a fix for 2.5?

I still have a copy of the original dzpatch.zip from Andrew
Forber which I think works on 2.5. You can contact me
through my webpage.

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:21:08 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 divide by zero fix?

Well..Micro$oft and US Courts didn't acknowledge the y2k problem in
dtoc() and ctod() with  "set centory off" in foxpro 2.* neither. She
should fix it which would have saved thousand of man-hours on fixing
those old systems.

 > know that at the time Andrew Forber wrote DZPATCH, MS wouldn't even
 > acknowledge there was a problem, but when they did supply at least
the FPW
 > 2.6a patch, they asked Andrew to stop distributing his program, and HE
 > complied.

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:41:43 GMT

1. FoxPro 2.5 Zero Divide Error on 500Mhz Machine

2. FPW26: possible fix to DIVIDE BY ZERO

3. Divide by Zero error can't be fixed

4. LCK divide by zero problem HELP!!!

5. Divide by zero problem when porting FoxPro 2.6 (Win) to Visual FoxPro

6. Divide by zero or overflow error

7. error "overflow or divide by zero"

8. Divide by Zero or Overflow Error

9. Divide by Zero - even with SlowStart

10. NEWS! FPW Divide By Zero Patch - Please Read

11. Divide by zero error

12. Divide by zero