Data environment loads too slow 
Author Message
 Data environment loads too slow

Help would be much appreciated on the following
client/server issue

For the same form with four tables in the data
environment...

1. The more users have the application running, the longer
it takes to load the form.
2. Data binding the controls after load shows no
improvement.
3. If you runn the app on the server the load is blazing
fast.
4. Moving temp files to the client machines shows no
improvement.
5. If the form is rebuilt with no controls and I
progressively add each table to the data environment, it
takes longer each time another table is added to the DE.
6. Network is running at 100Mbs with no data loss apperent
when ping -t is runn from mulitple machines at the server

It seems like a network or server issue, but I am at a
loss as to what to try next.

Thanks

D Stewart



Sat, 07 Jan 2006 03:04:36 GMT  
 Data environment loads too slow
Hello, D!
You wrote  on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:04:36 -0700:

[Sorry, skipped]

 D> It seems like a network or server issue, but I am at a
 D> loss as to what to try next.

Are you running a resident virus scanner? If so, see if it helps if you
disable the scanner or exlude the VFP data files from the scan process.
--
Eric den Doop
www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8



Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:57:36 GMT  
 Data environment loads too slow

This was the problem, thank you Eric!

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hello, D!
>You wrote  on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:04:36 -0700:

>[Sorry, skipped]

> D> It seems like a network or server issue, but I am at a
> D> loss as to what to try next.

>Are you running a resident virus scanner? If so, see if
it helps if you
>disable the scanner or exlude the VFP data files from the
scan process.
>--
>Eric den Doop
>www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts -
Powered By VFP8

>.



Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:44:26 GMT  
 Data environment loads too slow
I tried adding exclusions to Norton Antivirus (*.dbf,
*.dbc, *.cdx) to no avail. It's as if Norton is ignore my
exclusions. Am I missing something?

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hello, D!
>You wrote  on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:04:36 -0700:

>[Sorry, skipped]

> D> It seems like a network or server issue, but I am at a
> D> loss as to what to try next.

>Are you running a resident virus scanner? If so, see if
it helps if you
>disable the scanner or exlude the VFP data files from the
scan process.
>--
>Eric den Doop
>www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts -
Powered By VFP8

>.



Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:54:03 GMT  
 Data environment loads too slow
Any FPT, DCT, DCX ?
Richard


Quote:
> I tried adding exclusions to Norton Antivirus (*.dbf,
> *.dbc, *.cdx) to no avail. It's as if Norton is ignore my
> exclusions. Am I missing something?

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hello, D!
> >You wrote  on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:04:36 -0700:

> >[Sorry, skipped]

> > D> It seems like a network or server issue, but I am at a
> > D> loss as to what to try next.

> >Are you running a resident virus scanner? If so, see if
> it helps if you
> >disable the scanner or exlude the VFP data files from the
> scan process.
> >--
> >Eric den Doop
> >www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts -
> Powered By VFP8

> >.



Mon, 09 Jan 2006 01:08:52 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Slow-loading Data Environment over network

2. Data environment Table loading problem

3. Cursor load order in Data Environment

4. Remote View Data Loading is Slow (all records!)

5. Loads of Data, Form Load Speed Q.

6. VFP 5.0 Form,Data Environment, Data Session

7. Data Environment and Data Source

8. Data Environment/Data Session

9. Help With Slow Loading Form

10. View Designer slow to load

11. FPD slow loading in Windows

12. Form Loads Too Slow with Set Filter

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software