View Not Updating Master Table
Author Message
 View Not Updating Master Table

I have a local view that is used on a maintenance form (add/edit/save etc).
When the localviews master file is opened in my application object (dataopen
method), TABLEUPDATE does not seem to update my records. If I let my form
open the master dbf, TABLEUPDATE works fine and my master file is updated.

Am I missing something here ?

Any help will be appreciated

Shakeel

Sat, 03 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 View Not Updating Master Table

I just spent several hours tearing my thinning hair out trying to find out why
one of my views wouldn't update on a TableUpdate() when I finally noticed that
the SEND SQL UPDATES checkbox on the view definition wasn't checked. :-\

Hope I remember to check that first nextime!

...Jim

Quote:

> I have a local view that is used on a maintenance form (add/edit/save etc).
> When the localviews master file is opened in my application object (dataopen
> method), TABLEUPDATE does not seem to update my records. If I let my form
> open the master dbf, TABLEUPDATE works fine and my master file is updated.

> Am I missing something here ?

> Any help will be appreciated

> Shakeel

Sat, 03 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 View Not Updating Master Table

Hi Jim

I have "SEND SQL UPDATES" checked in my view definition. Thats why this is
so mysterious

Shakeel

Quote:

>I just spent several hours tearing my thinning hair out trying to find out
why
>one of my views wouldn't update on a TableUpdate() when I finally noticed
that
>the SEND SQL UPDATES checkbox on the view definition wasn't checked. :-\

>Hope I remember to check that first nextime!

>...Jim

>> I have a local view that is used on a maintenance form (add/edit/save
etc).
>> When the localviews master file is opened in my application object
(dataopen
>> method), TABLEUPDATE does not seem to update my records. If I let my form
>> open the master dbf, TABLEUPDATE works fine and my master file is
updated.

>> Am I missing something here ?

>> Any help will be appreciated

>> Shakeel

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 View Not Updating Master Table

Jim is right, you need to make sure that the "Update Criteria" tab in the
view designer is set appropriately. SendUpdates needs to be checked off,
specify the key field(s) if the table(s) have any and mark all the
appropriate fields as updateable.

If you have created a complex view via code that cannot be modified
properly with the view designer, after you USE the view, you will need to
issue the CURSORSETPROP() functions to set the view properties via code.

--
William Fields
US Bankruptcy Court

Quote:
> I have a local view that is used on a maintenance form (add/edit/save
etc).
> When the localviews master file is opened in my application object
(dataopen
> method), TABLEUPDATE does not seem to update my records. If I let my form
> open the master dbf, TABLEUPDATE works fine and my master file is
updated.

> Am I missing something here ?

> Any help will be appreciated

> Shakeel

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to update Master table from second table using FPD2.6a

2. VFP 6-Local view not updating table

3. VFP3.0, W95 - Views not Updating Source Tables

4. View does NOT update table - Help!

5. Updating Master table with child data

6. Why a view can not be created with one table linked to more than two tables

7. Grid on a VIEW not updating

8. Help - View not being updated

9. SQL 6.5 - Could not update remote view

10. External view not updating?

11. grid with view not updating

12. last updated record in local view does not refresh in display