Win XP Custom Paper Size print floating
Author Message
 Win XP Custom Paper Size print floating

I have checks for a customer that are W8.50in and H7.00in.  They have been
working until we upgraded the machines to Windows XP.  Now when we print the
checks from a Windows XP or Windows 2000 machine the print slowly floats up
a little at a time to when it hits
the 4th or more check the print is out of sync.  I have setup a custom
formsize and defined it as W8.50in and H7.00in and 0.00in for all margins,
in the Server Properties and I have set the form to use this
papersize.  If you print the checks from a Windows 9X machine it still works
fine.

I have tried this on two different Panasonic Printers KX-P1123 AND KX-P2130.

To me it seems like my page length is wrong but it matches the paperlength
for Windows 9X as shown below.
1778/254 = 7.00in
2159/254 = 8.50in

My program loads the following following into the report before printing on
Windows 9X only machine, this works:
DEVICE=Checks Printer
OUTPUT=LPT1:
ORIENTATION=0
PAPERSIZE=256
PAPERLENGTH=1778
PAPERWIDTH=2159
DEFAULTSOURCE=8
PRINTQUALITY=180
COLOR=2
YRESOLUTION=180
TTOPTION=1

Thanks for your help!!

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:41:00 GMT
 Win XP Custom Paper Size print floating
Hi Carl:

Try the technique in this article.  While this article discuses printing
labels, the idea is basically the same:

125967 HOWTO: Printing Labels in FoxPro Windows to a Dot Matrix Printer
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=125967

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>I have checks for a customer that are W8.50in and H7.00in.  They have been
>working until we upgraded the machines to Windows XP.  Now when we print
the
>checks from a Windows XP or Windows 2000 machine the print slowly floats up
>a little at a time to when it hits
>the 4th or more check the print is out of sync.  I have setup a custom
>formsize and defined it as W8.50in and H7.00in and 0.00in for all margins,
>in the Server Properties and I have set the form to use this
>papersize.  If you print the checks from a Windows 9X machine it still
works
>fine.
>I have tried this on two different Panasonic Printers KX-P1123 AND

KX-P2130.

Quote:
>To me it seems like my page length is wrong but it matches the paperlength
>for Windows 9X as shown below.
>1778/254 = 7.00in

.2159/254 = 8.50in
Quote:
>My program loads the following following into the report before printing on
>Windows 9X only machine, this works:
>DEVICE=Checks Printer
>OUTPUT=LPT1:
>ORIENTATION=0
>PAPERSIZE=256
>PAPERLENGTH=1778
>PAPERWIDTH=2159
>DEFAULTSOURCE=8
>PRINTQUALITY=180
>COLOR=2
>YRESOLUTION=180
>TTOPTION=1
>Thanks for your help!!

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:00:01 GMT

1. printing on custom sized paper

2. Print report in custom paper size

3. Printing reports on customs size paper

4. Custom Paper Size for reports

5. dotmatrix and custom paper size

6. Where to set CUSTOM paper size ?

7. Paper custom size

8. Q: VFP5+NT4 Reporter - Custom Paper Sizes

9. Help Me : Custom Paper Size

10. Custom Paper Size problem for reports

11. win2000 custom paper size

12. printer with custom paper size