FP 2.6 having problems under NT4.0
Author Message
 FP 2.6 having problems under NT4.0

I've got Fox 2.6 installed on an NT machine (4.0, SP3) with NetBEUI
being our protocol of choice...

I have a drive mounted, and when I manually run a program within
FoxPro that calls files or runs files from a network-mounted drive, it
runs fine.

However, when I try to run the same program using NT's (AT) scheduling
service, it doesn't recognize the drive as being a shared drive.

Any ideas? Workarounds? Please let me know - this is driving me nuts.

Thanks!
Kevin Kuperman, MIS Director

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FP 2.6 having problems under NT4.0
Is a user logged on when the AT service starts? If not, that could be your
problem.

--
Craig Berntson
Salt Lake City FoxPro User Group

Quote:

>I've got Fox 2.6 installed on an NT machine (4.0, SP3) with NetBEUI
>being our protocol of choice...

>I have a drive mounted, and when I manually run a program within
>FoxPro that calls files or runs files from a network-mounted drive, it
>runs fine.

>However, when I try to run the same program using NT's (AT) scheduling
>service, it doesn't recognize the drive as being a shared drive.

>Any ideas? Workarounds? Please let me know - this is driving me nuts.

>Thanks!
>Kevin Kuperman, MIS Director

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FP 2.6 having problems under NT4.0
Is a user logged on when the AT service starts? If not, that could be your
problem.

--
Craig Berntson
Salt Lake City FoxPro User Group
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:

>I've got Fox 2.6 installed on an NT machine (4.0, SP3) with NetBEUI
>being our protocol of choice...

>I have a drive mounted, and when I manually run a program within
>FoxPro that calls files or runs files from a network-mounted drive, it
>runs fine.

>However, when I try to run the same program using NT's (AT) scheduling
>service, it doesn't recognize the drive as being a shared drive.

>Any ideas? Workarounds? Please let me know - this is driving me nuts.

>Thanks!
>Kevin Kuperman, MIS Director

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FP 2.6 having problems under NT4.0
Yeah - admin pretty much stays logged onto that box and doesn't log
off-

The network drive is mounted as "Admin"...

It really isn't a FoxPro problem, so i've found...

I tested this using dir and it gave me "Access is denied" when I tried
getting a directory listing of that drive during the AT session...

Probably should check another newsgroup....

Kevin Kuperman, MIS Director

Quote:
>Is a user logged on when the AT service starts? If not, that could be your
>problem.

>--
>Craig Berntson

>>I've got Fox 2.6 installed on an NT machine (4.0, SP3) with NetBEUI
>>being our protocol of choice...

>>I have a drive mounted, and when I manually run a program within
>>FoxPro that calls files or runs files from a network-mounted drive, it
>>runs fine.

>>However, when I try to run the same program using NT's (AT) scheduling
>>service, it doesn't recognize the drive as being a shared drive.

>>Any ideas? Workarounds? Please let me know - this is driving me nuts.

>>Thanks!
>>Kevin Kuperman, MIS Director

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. transporting report from FP 2.6 for DOS to FP 2.6 for Windows

2. Foxpro 2.6 printing problems using NT4.0

3. PRINTSTATUS() / SYS(13) problem in FP 2.6 and FPW 2.6

4. FP 2.6 exe launch with FP Screen first

5. Problem w/ memo fields in conversion from dBase 3+ to FP 2.6 for DOS

6. problem with FP 2.6 running on Pentium II of 333 MHz or higher

7. FP 2.6 CHR(7) problem on NT

8. Problems accessing XMS under FP 2.6

9. FP 2.6 Setup Problem

10. fp 2.6 printing problem

11. FP/DOS 2.6, Netware 4.1, Win98 printing problems